Like Tree10Likes

Driverless Cars - Perfect for HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Driverless Cars - Perfect for HK?

At 1:33 the driverless car ran a stop sign.

Last edited by 100LL; 31-07-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Driverless Taxi‘s would be a welcome application. The safety and overall passenger comfort ie not having the on/off throttle habit alone, would be very welcome.

Also, if they incorporated a multi lingual passenger user interface, matched with a business or standardised address card scanning system, making it a lot easier for the automated taxi to get you exactly where you need to go. I am all for it

Sent from my SM-T210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Last edited by Skyhook; 01-08-2014 at 03:41 AM.

probably drive than better than those owners of 7 seater with china plates suv

emx and Watercooler like this.

HK taxi drivers are an eclectic bunch of interesting people.

Google is an advertising company.

I know which I would prefer to spend 30 mins with.

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Driverless Taxi‘s would be a welcome application. The safety and overall passenger comfort ie not having the on/off throttle habit alone, would be very welcome.

Also, if they incorporated a multi lingual passenger user interface, matched with a business or standardised address card scanning system, making it a lot easier for the automated taxi to get you exactly where you need to go. I am all for it

Sent from my SM-T210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing. Now extend that to public buses so they queue properly to load and offload and you'll double normal traffic flow. Win win for all.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Unless of course the 'binary' throttle techniques from the HK taxi driver are programmed into the new cars. Then everyone would be doing it!
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator:
    Unless of course the 'binary' throttle techniques from the HK taxi driver are programmed into the new cars. Then everyone would be doing it!
    Well at least driverless cars aren't pyschotic, wish I could say the same for certain taxi drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRotavator:
    Unless of course the 'binary' throttle techniques from the HK taxi driver are programmed into the new cars.
    Along with the speeding and honking when approaching a cross-walk or honking when passing some random car on the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Along with the speeding and honking when approaching a cross-walk or honking when passing some random car on the side of the road.
    Or just honking whenever and wherever they feel like it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast