Like Tree44Likes

A good deal......or maybe not!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Not sure if you have already decided about the 29 floors or not, but if you take it, be sure you are really organized when you leave the place each day. The house I am in now has 6 flights of stairs from the front door to the master bedroom. When we first moved in, I used to wonder why I would get into bed and my heart would be pounding. Well, it was because I just climbed 6 flights of stairs before getting ready and getting into bed! Okay, my body is now used to it and 6 flights is nothing. Until I forget something and am in a hurry, that is. Then it is a major pain to have to go back up 6 flights, find the item, then race back down and still hope to catch the shuttle. Money is great, but the time it will take out of your life to climb all those stairs each day is time you can't get back.

Am I the only one wondering why the OP s considering paying full rent for this place ($33k) regardless of the 2 free months or not?The ad says $33k negotiable (PLUS 2 months free rent). It's there in black and white! Negotiate!! Getting 2 months rent free but paying $33k is not a good deal - and definitely overpriced looking at the photos.

Not many people will want to climb 29 floors of stairs for 2-3 months (or have a glass bathroom).....the OP should be using this to negotiate hard on a rent decrease. 10% off $33k/month over a 2 year contract is a better saving than 2 month's free rent....I wouldn't pay more than $30k AND I'd want my 2 month's free (actually, I wouldn't pay $30k for this place but trying to put myself in the OP's shoes since they seem to like it).

If there's anything about a property that limits its appeal, that should always be a signal to negotiate the price down.

jmbf likes this.

If people think a glass-walled bathroom is bad, they wouldn't like this one:

From Terrible real estate agent photographs

blackwings likes this.

Agreed. Having wooden countertops in a kitchen is very unhygienic

anorak, drumbrake and blackwings like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    I'm no expert on Fung Shui but I have heard of it and know some of the basic principles. Not sure how it relates to helping wives realise that their husbands are cheating on them via the use of strategically placed mirrors at the foot of the bed.
    A mirror facing the bed directly depletes your personal energy when you need it the most: at nighttime when your body is doing most of its repair work. A mirror facing your bed is also said to bring the energy of the third party into your intimate relationship.

Similarly, the bathroom generally brings bad energy and should not be a point of emphasis. Having glass walls only emphasises this aspect. A bedroom should be calming place and having a bright reflective surface does the opposite. Similarly the bathroom door should not face the bed. These latter points are not necessarily fung shui considerations but common sense. Who wants o be disturbed by their partner going to the loo and turning on the light in the middle of the night.

If anyone has stayed at the Hard Rock Macau Hotel will know what I mean by bad bedroom design.
    bookblogger and Fiona in HKG like this.

Do you have any evidence to support any of these claims?

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Do you have any evidence to support any of these claims?
    Thousands of years of trial and error is the root of fung shui.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Does that mean that dragons have actually hit buildings while heading to the sea?
    bibbju, Mat, kimwy66 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yup, thousands of years of using gooey new age language to describe interior decorating common sense. Still it sells plenty of coffee table books huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Does that mean that dragons have actually hit buildings while heading to the sea?
    Probably not... but it's a useful shorthand for good reasons not to build in certain places

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast