Like Tree318Likes

Things you haven't encountered prior to living in HK

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    That reminds of something opposite actually. I've never witnessed such food waste before coming to HK. I'm referring to banquets - especially weddings. Just went to one recently where I'd say people ate about half the food from a 12 course banquet.
    The food at banquets are never wasted. You normally have someone the table packing the food up in containers to take home. And even if the food gets back to the kitchen, the kitchen helpers will portion the food up and take it home.
    lingc likes this.

People who leave their trollies right there at the checkout when they know you're right there behind them...completely and utterly failing to put 2 and 2 together. It never occurs to them for a second to think...oh hang on a minute...my trolley's right in this person's way, maybe I should move it.

Wouldn't be so bad if 1 in a thousand people made this social faux pas...but when there's 400 trollies under your feet you just have to scratch your head and go...you're all class HK...all class.

Last edited by d-28; 07-09-2014 at 05:35 PM.

A post code that is never used

Hong Kong's post code within China is actually 999077

Last edited by East_coast; 07-09-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    The food at banquets are never wasted. You normally have someone the table packing the food up in containers to take home. And even if the food gets back to the kitchen, the kitchen helpers will portion the food up and take it home.
    I guess we move in different circles. Never seen anyone packing food up at wedding banquets. Normal dim sum meals are a different story and I agree with you. Who are 'kitchen helpers' by the way? The cooks? Waiters? Dishwashers?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    I guess we move in different circles. Never seen anyone packing food up at wedding banquets. Normal dim sum meals are a different story and I agree with you. Who are 'kitchen helpers' by the way? The cooks? Waiters? Dishwashers?
    They dont do it in front of you...they bring food back in kitchen and helpers (ie wiaters etct) take some home.

Obviously some is still lost, but not as much as if no one was even taking it home.

The local penchant for cum in every document.

AGxM and Stu79 like this.

You guys are a depressing bunch.

One thing I find very different is people burning stuff out the street. Don't know why they prefer to burn stuff over throwing into the garbage bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    You guys are a depressing bunch.

One thing I find very different is people burning stuff out the street. Don't know why they prefer to burn stuff over throwing into the garbage bin.
    I thought that was religious crap.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I thought that was religious crap.
    Half the time. They burn certain types of garbage as well.

Unabashed bigotry

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast