Rant - dumb questions on forums

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Talking of Dumb I do miss our Junior Banker now he's thrown all his toys out the pram and deregistered his account with us.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There are also those posters who ask a question but don't like the (honest) answers because they are not what the OP wants to hear.

"I want my baby to get a dependent visa but the Immigration people say no."

"How old is your baby?"

"23"

"He's too old."

"But he's my baby. Someone tell who I can bribe to get my baby a visa."

The above post is fictitious, any resemblance to any poster is purely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Talking of Dumb I do miss our Junior Banker now he's thrown all his toys out the pram and deregistered his account with us.
    Me too! I suspect he has registered a new name though and is now (hopefully) thinking a few seconds before typing....

While I think the OP has a very valid point, if nobody asked dumb or easy to answer questions there would not be so many threads on here and it would be no fun coming on! But I agree, I have often answered somebody's question on a subject about which I know nothing by googling the answer in about 5 seconds!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Ah, I assumed it was just me. Oh well, I'll continue with my usual approach of sarcasm for the silliest of questions then.

Though I agree (again) with the points made about interesting conversation. There have been a number of posts that started off as quite mundane before becoming much more interesting for completely tangental reasons. This happens on Geoexpat more often than any other board that I'm familiar with... I suspect there are too many bored people in offices using the forum as a displacement activity

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I suspect there are too many bored people in offices using the forum as a displacement activity
    Talkign of displacement our shareholders vote tomorrow and I will know my fate early January.

Fun huh?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Ah, I assumed it was just me. Oh well, I'll continue with my usual approach of sarcasm for the silliest of questions then.

Though I agree (again) with the points made about interesting conversation. There have been a number of posts that started off as quite mundane before becoming much more interesting for completely tangental reasons. This happens on Geoexpat more often than any other board that I'm familiar with... I suspect there are too many bored people in offices using the forum as a displacement activity
    Ah... You've got me.

Count me in - along with the other sometime-bored, procrastinating hordes (not "hoards", as me booped on a previous thread).

Tangents R Us*
    How else is one to get thru dayz like these...

(* But, still expecting to be seriously reb-blobbed for my shoe-horning in repeated irrelevance... )

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Talkign of displacement our shareholders vote tomorrow and I will know my fate early January.

Fun huh?
    You'll be ok Jimmy - and what's the worst-case scenario?

If I get canned I'm going to live in Malaysia for a year until this shitstorm blows over!

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    You'll be ok Jimmy - and what's the worst-case scenario?

If I get canned I'm going to live in Malaysia for a year until this shitstorm blows over!
    Worst case scenario would be heading back to London and find another job there if I can't get something locally, But might just bum around for a while till the market picks up.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast