Like Tree10Likes

Sevens price increase

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sevens price increase

Up to HK$1,800 for a three day pass:

Hong Kong Sevens tickets increased HK$300 to HK$1,800 | South China Morning Post

The Hong Kong Rugby Football Union blamed soaring operating costs in the millions of dollars in the past few seasons as the Cathay Pacific/HSBC tournament has been enlarged to 28 teams.
    We have had to increase the ticket prices to safeguard the financial viability of Hong Kong rugby
    Vern Reid, HKRFU chief executive

The quota of tickets available to the public will remain at 3,000
    That is pathetic for a stadium that has a 40000 capacity that only 3000 tickets would be available for public, STOP giving the tickets away to tom dick and harry sponsors who in turn sell the tickets or dont even bother coming, allocate more tickets to the public FFS
    shri, Mat, tinlissie and 1 others like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think it was about $300 the first year I went, and that was at the Government Stadium, so far fewer seats.

And still only 3,000 for the Hong Kong public...

It's a Banker/Lawyer/Pilot kinda event (and 20sthg that wanna get drunk) with a few rugby amateurs....what do you expect?

It's the party of the year, it's got nothing to do with Rugby. I'm pretty sure above 50% of the crowd never seen a game in their life before (or after).

kimwy66 and Cho-man like this.

Never been to one, and won' t be going in future either...Just the stories and pictures of southstand were enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Never been to one, and won' t be going in future either...Just the stories and pictures of southstand were enough for me.
    You wussy!
    You've behaved worse in lkf before
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    You wussy!

Says the guy who joins tour bus organized by public estate to Yuen Long to pick up cherries :-)

Last edited by Mat; 31-10-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    It's a Banker/Lawyer/Pilot kinda event (and 20sthg that wanna get drunk) with a few rugby amateurs....what do you expect?

It's the party of the year, it's got nothing to do with Rugby. I'm pretty sure above 50% of the crowd never seen a game in their life before (or after).
    Not to mentioned the fact that the vast majority of locals don't give a crap about it either. They see it almost exclusively as an expat/foreigner drunkfest, a bigger version of Lan Kwai Fong. A shame really.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 31-10-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Says the guy who joins tour bus organized by public estate to Yuen Long to pick up cherries :-)

Private estate thank you very much

Arent quite a large % of tickets allocated and distributed to the rugby clubs and members of the HKRFU therefore going to those people who actually like to watch the rugby.

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast