Like Tree4Likes

Australian cricketer Phil Hughes dies after 'freak accident'

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian cricketer Phil Hughes dies after 'freak accident'

Australian cricketer Phil Hughes dies - CNN.com

RIP fella, such a great loss at such a young age.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Horrible...........

I think most of Australia is in mourning. Seems incredible a game like cricket can kill you!

Love cricket or hate it ( my parents are big fans) , it is incredibly shocking to all Aussies. I feel extremely sad for both Phillip Hughes and for Sean Abbott, the bowler.

In a weird and tragic coincidence, an umpire at an amateur match in Israel died today after being hit in the chest by the ball and apparently having a heart attack...

Normally I find cricket is about as exciting as watching grass grow. But still, I don't take any delight over a tragic death in that sport. RIP Hughes.

I don't quite understand how the ball still manage to hit his head despite the helmet, can anyone explain that to me?

Last edited by Cho-man; 30-11-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Firstly, huge condolences to the Hughes family and thoughts to Sean Abbot, this tragedy may never escape him.

Secondly, Cho-man....fuck off!

Last edited by Stoob; 30-11-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Normally I find cricket is about as exciting as watching grass grow. But still, I don't take any delight over a tragic death in that sport. RIP Hughes.

I don't quite understand how the ball still manage to hit his head despite the helmet, can anyone explain that to me?
    It hit his neck not his head. The first paragraph of yours is back to your old username standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:

The pace of the ball busted an artery in his neck, which caused uncontrollable bleeding. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Firstly, huge condolences to the Hughes family and thoughts to Sean Abbot, this tragedy may never escape him.

Secondly, Cho-man....fuck off!
    I am entitled to my opinion. Besides, where exactly did I say Hughes in anyway deserve this?? I did say "RIP Hughes". I just want to know how the ball manage to get through the helmet. If you don't like that question, too bad.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 30-11-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast