Like Tree12Likes

paypal, moneybookers.com - what options do i have?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

we tried with paypal for our payment integration on our website - can't get it to work...
    then tried to open an account with moneybookers.com for their card processing - rejected since they seem not to like companies in dubious locations (i.e. hong kong)

what other options do i have? i don't (yet) want to go to the banks that do the full card processing (i.e. worldpay).

Have you tried Google Checkout?

edit: oops only available to US/UK. apologies

What cart you have? Paypal should be the most easy to integrate. Worldpay works too, but it's more complicated to use and fees are similar to paypal anyway.

Paypal should work. By far the most integrated platform with shopping carts, like Flameproof mentioned. Drop the shopping cart developers a line or touch base with Paypal - they're pretty aggressive when it comes to opening new accounts / doing business with them.

Moneybookers is weird. They chased us very aggressively to sign up and when we said ok - they asked for waaaay too much information which I was not comfortable providing.

Worldpay is not really a bank - similar to Paypal, but may or may not require you to provide them a deposit - which according to a few people on here is quite a hefty amount of money for a small biz.

Paydollar is a local transaction broker - http://www.paydollar.com/eng/index.html and may be able to provide you with local support.

thanks shir, we actually tried all these options and are still stuck. we might go back to try making paypal work but is there really no other solution?

If your biz is anything like ours the options are very much limited as the local banks do f'all to provide transaction support to online business.

Best to work to resolve the PayPal issues.

East_coast likes this.

any update on thi? Is Skrill any better then moneybookers was?

Nowadays online vendors also started to integrate Bitcoin (Dell, Microsoft, Overstock.com, etc), so while you are at it might as well have a look.

Apart from obviously allowing to take Bitcoin, it could also replace Western Union or bank payment for high risk transactions. For example, when you get orders that might be legitimate but look risky (high amounts, unusual countries, etc), make them pay with Bitcoin as there are no chargebacks and it is much faster and all online.

Everyone should be able to figure out how to buy a few Bitcoin nowadays and for you as vendor the few transaction processors there are actually pay in good old fiat or Bitcoin, up to you.

Or you could use your own wallet (download or online) and do it manually, but then without getting it converted to USD.

Last edited by 100LL; 23-02-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Just a note, under no circumstances I would put Western Union under 'accepted payments'. WU is very often used by scammers and simply offering it might get you already black listed.

East_coast likes this.

I am not a fan of either Western Union or Bitcoins.

Western Union as pointed out by flameproof, is not secure. With bitcoins, there is a huge barrier to entry depending on what products you sell, margins, support in normal shopping carts and secure exchanges.

East Coast: have not tried skrill. What is their "know your customer" process like for setup?

I was really not happy with how intrusive moneybooker's process was - wasted too much time with them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast