Like Tree4Likes

decent place to get mobile fixed? broken usb hub

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

decent place to get mobile fixed? broken usb hub

Greetings,

anyone know any good places to get a broken USB hub fixed? Mobile won't charge, the wire just keeps falling out of the hole :/

I went to SIn Tat plaza, that huge mobile phone mall a few years back and they did a really bad job - broke down again after a few days and they messed up my camera when I picked it up from them. Still ended up paying around $350 :/ would like to avoid Mong Kok altogether

cheers

What phone is it?

Go to the Indian guy on the ground floor of sin tat.
    He knows what he's doing and he won't screw you unlike the guys on the first floor

There's a Indian guy?
    I was there with my friend the other day, just saw locals there.
    How much would he charge roughly for a USB fix?

For the love of GOD what phone do you have, different phones have different cost answer the question as asked by Proplus.

wtbhotia likes this.

Hi, I have a similar quest... I have an HTC One (Model: PN07140) that just went dead this week. Was working one minute, then it just won't turn on. When I try to charge it, no light comes on. Typically I would take the battery out and put it back in, but with this ridiculous model you can't do that, as it's all sealed.

Would you recommend "the Indian guy" for this? What/where is Sin Tat?

Quote Originally Posted by nickelodeon1997:
    These are I would consider as 'throw away' phones, ones that once the warranty has expired (and good luck with that), you might as well throw them away and buy a new one.

The cost of repair will probably be still a few hundred bucks, and I'd expect a slap bang soldering job really, its not as if its a popular model of phone in which repair shops will carry spare parts.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Hi, I have a similar quest... I have an HTC One (Model: PN07140) that just went dead this week. Was working one minute, then it just won't turn on. When I try to charge it, no light comes on. Typically I would take the battery out and put it back in, but with this ridiculous model you can't do that, as it's all sealed.

Would you recommend "the Indian guy" for this? What/where is Sin Tat?
    I know it sounds stupid, but have you tried using a different cable and adapter first?

chances it's an design fault as the soldering on usb port to pcb is very weak, might as well throw it in the bin, especially considering :-

checked the local hk Chinese forum, zopo renowned to break down very easy

buy a new phone, has 12 months warranty,

2015, you can get a decent phone inexpensive with much higher specs, ie, sony xperia e4 ( HK$1099), moto g HK$1500, acer liquid HK$1350 etc, more importantly, better build quality

ACER Liquid X1 - Smartphone 智能手機 - 手機 - 通訊 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

Sony Xperia E4 - Smartphone 智能手機 - 手機 - 通訊 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

one of the reputable sellers CCAV listed ( I have purchased 5 TV's ,for myself, boss and family, my wife sony xperia z1 compact last year, sony camera there)

China Club Audio & Video

10/F, Yau Shing Commercial Centre,
    51 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok
    電話: 2787 7992 / 2787 7993 , 傳真: 2399 0070

it's a 2013 phone, prices and choices are much better, nowadays.

if you spend HK$399 on a repair, what happens if it breaks down again in a few months

check out the buyers guide for mobile

GSMArena smartphone buyer's guide: February 2015 - page 3 - GSMArena.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast