Like Tree43Likes

11000 hkd sAlary is it enough?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Just to let you know, a work visa only entitles you to work for the company who employed you. You wouldn't then be free to seek another job as you please.

They didnt really specify if they were able to hire filipinos before they just said 'overseas'... their center actually focused on math but this year they opened an english program to balance out their math program

After i'm done with my contract im hoping to find another company who is willing to renew my visa ..

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Just to let you know, a work visa only entitles you to work for the company who employed you. You wouldn't then be free to seek another job as you please.
    You could 'seek' for another job but you just couldn't take up legal employment until you officially transferred your working visa to your new employer.
    janella_j likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by janella_j:
    They didnt really specify if they were able to hire filipinos before they just said 'overseas'... their center actually focused on math but this year they opened an english program to balance out their math program
    This is a warning sign in my book. I would follow up and ask specifically if they have been able to legally hire Filipino teachers (or any SE Asians actually) previously (especially at your salary level). There is a real risk that your application will be rejected and that would stand against you for any future visa applications.
    janella_j and chingleutsch like this.

I will.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    and that would stand against you for any future visa applications.
    Even if it's not my fault? Because ive seen threads that got their visa rejected due to salary reasons

Its much cheaper here.. .. i just really want to work abroad because it pays much unlike here in the philippines ..
    Yes it pays a lot more, but the cost of living is so much more. I would go for the experience and for your CV/resume. Don't expect to be a lot better off than if you stayed at home though. A helper gets paid around HKD4000 but they don't have to pay for accommodation, food or bills or transport to and from work. As others have said though what do you have to lose?
    janella_j likes this.

Even if it's not my fault? Because ive seen threads that got their visa rejected due to salary reasons
    Maybe yes maybe no. I believe if any previous visa applications have been rejected (for any reason) then subsequent applications are subjected to extra scrutiny. That, combined with your nationality (unfortunately) and the generally low salary level is probably not a good thing and will at the very least delay any subsequent applications.
    janella_j likes this.

That is also what im considering - EXPERIENCE!