Like Tree5Likes

Place to buy large quantities of cheap beer? Case / 24pk?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Place to buy large quantities of cheap beer? Case / 24pk?

I'm having an casual event in a few weeks and initially looked into getting a keg but it seems as if they're viewed as premium items here, mainly obtained for formal events thereby garnering a marked-up, premium price, making them rather cost-prohibitive assuming cost is your primary motive for purchasing in the first place - at it was for me.

I'm just looking to pick up 7-8 cases (24pk) of 7-11 type offerings, Tsingtao, Singha, etc.. The local Welcome marts are sufficiently cheap but I was wondering if there is a distributor type place - akin to the walk-in retail distributors that are rather ubiquitous in the US - where I can grab a few cases at closer to wholesale prices.

Quote Originally Posted by rook_hk:
    I'm having an casual event in a few weeks and initially looked into getting a keg but it seems as if they're viewed as premium items here, mainly obtained for formal events thereby garnering a marked-up, premium price, making them rather cost-prohibitive assuming cost is your primary motive for purchasing in the first place - at it was for me.

I'm just looking to pick up 7-8 cases (24pk) of 7-11 type offerings, Tsingtao, Singha, etc.. The local Welcome marts are sufficiently cheap but I was wondering if there is a distributor type place - akin to the walk-in retail distributors that are rather ubiquitous in the US - where I can grab a few cases at closer to wholesale prices.
    Prize mart has imported Heineken bottles at ( I believe HK$4 or HK$5), that's significant cheaper than the monopoly super markets, also try Kai bo, they have cheap beers

I think what you are looking for is something like this. Get someone who read chinese if you don't. There are other websites. I just googled the first one I found
    http://www.hoiwantat.com.hk/

Something that puzzles me as I notice blue girl is significantly more expensive than the others. Prob the "others" including bud are all made in china

正記啤酒汽水批發中心
    another one from google search

Last edited by ycchai; 23-04-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    I think what you are looking for is something like this. Get someone who read chinese if you don't. There are other websites. I just googled the first one I foundhttp://www.hoiwantat.com.hk/
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. This will definitely come in handy but in the meantime I happened to stumble upon a ParkNShop.com special for Knight Special Lager. $55 / case (24pk). Ordered 7, free delivery, called it a day.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. This will definitely come in handy but in the meantime I happened to stumble upon a ParkNShop.com special for Knight Special Lager. $55 / case (24pk). Ordered 7, free delivery, called it a day.
    cheap and not so nice beer

if you want a super cheap piss up, but don't give a crap about taste, I hear the local drunk-o's go for cheap and strong rice spirit, it's most likely nasty, but hey, in a short period of time, probably pissed out of your head to care about this aspect

Ha, yea, my expectations are gutter low but RateBeer seemed to suggest it's "unoffensive" and "watery" character would make the perfect session brew for the stupid beer games it was purchased for.

Knight Special Lager

I actually only got 4 cases of Knight. The other 3 were comprised of an array of Asahi, Tsingtao, and a few others. I've heard about this infamous rice spirit. Yet to indulge though... next time I'm in the market for a raging hangover I'll inquire.

Ha, yea, my expectations are gutter low but RateBeer seemed to suggest it's "unoffensive" and "watery" character would make the perfect session brew for the stupid beer games it was purchased for.

Knight Special Lager

I actually only got 4 cases of Knight. The other 3 were comprised of an array of Asahi, Tsingtao, and a few others. I've heard about this infamous rice spirit. Yet to indulge though... next time I'm in the market for a raging hangover I'll inquire.
    if you want to make it a serious piss up and probably puke in a matter of minutes consider adding grappa and moutai to your list, it's vile
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    if you want to make it a serious piss up and probably puke in a matter of minutes consider adding grappa and moutai to your list, it's vile
    Duly noted. Thanks.
    imparanoic and jayinhongkong like this.

ah Knight beer, my up stairs neigbour buys this by the case, its cheap as hell and as long as it gets him drunk for less $$$ he doesnt give a monkeys

jayinhongkong likes this.

759 Store. Take, borrow, beg a member card.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast