Like Tree57Likes

Advice to a couple potentially moving to Hong Kong in July...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Don't Suggest ???? So a One Hour commute from a Three Hour commute ( I do it every day bar Sunday ) is NOT keeping the commute down ??

Who are you, the thought police?

FYI -- Past 11 is still OK for the MTR, even for us country folk. Mini buses run from the MTR station when the trains run ... WOW .. go figure .. integrated transport for us country folk as well.
    I live in the NT and work in Central so drop the attitude....

First Tai po to LKF is not a one hour commute per day it is a 1.30 to 2 hours commute (unless you taxi all the way) same fo GC (not to mention that at 11.30 Pm buses are way less regular than at 7pm- granted there is less traffic) but anyway, Tai Po and Gold Coast are great areas BUT for someone who will work in the restaurant industry in LKF and finish past 11/11.30 and said that they wanted a "short commute and be close to work" ...hmmm.....

The OP will have 2 months to figure it out anyway (since in her post she said they will get a 2 months Service appartment) but I can see so many places way more conveneinet (while sill pleasant) than Taipo or GoldCoast or DB (apologies if you took offense big fella):

Don't Suggest ???? So a One Hour commute from a Three Hour commute ( I do it every day bar Sunday ) is NOT keeping the commute down ??
    Before going ballistic, re-read the OP's info, that's 3 hours to and from, i.e. 90 minute one way...if it was 3 hour one way, it means he could be commuting to Manchester by train!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

(apologies if you took offense big fella):
    You ain't got nothing to apologise for...
    Mat likes this.

Other posters have suggested where to live and commute time, OP, I will suggest where not to live. I lived near Lan Kwai Fong when I first came to HK, and believe me, I would not choose to live there. While it may be convenient for your husband if you live near there, it is not the place I would choose. The rowdy crowd, noise and drunken escapades is not something I enjoy. If you want a little peace and quiet, steer clear of living near Lan Kwai Fong.

Last edited by Cho-man; 29-04-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

First Tai po to LKF is not a one hour commute per day it is a 1.30 to 2 hours commute :
    I live in Lai Chi Shan Viliiage, for many years I worked in Wilson House ( LKF ). The commute is One Hour door to door through Tai Po Market Station.

I will drop the attitude if you get your facts right.

FYI - My office is now in the new China Resources Building Wanchai. It is 1 hr 5 minutes Door to Door

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Other posters have suggested where to live and commute time, OP, I will suggest where not to live. I lived near Lan Kwai Fong when I first came to HK, and believe me, I would not choose to live there. While it may be convenient for your husband if you live near there, it is not the place I would choose. The rowdy crowd, noise, drunken escapades is not something I enjoy. If you want a little peace and quiet, steer clear of living near Lan Kwai Fong.
    Common Choman, admit it, you luuuuurrrrvvvveeeed it!!!
    You wish you were single again and partying all night and having sexcapades eh....

Cho-man and Mat like this.

OP, there are plenty of affordable options near (ie within 15-30 mn commute) from LKF without having to live in the sticks or within LKF.

Sai Ying Pun, Kennedy town, some part of wanchai, North Point, Tai Koo, Tin Hau - in all of these places you can find 400 to 600 sqf flat for 15 to 25K depending on condition etc.

Japsara likes this.

I live in Lai Chi Shan Viliiage, for many years I worked in Wilson House ( LKF ). The commute is One Hour door to door through Tai Po Market Station.

I will drop the attitude if you get your facts right.

FYI - My office is now in the new China Resources Building Wanchai. It is 1 hr 5 minutes Door to Door
    One hour door to door means 2 hours a day! (as I said in my post!!!!)
    Reading issue or what?
    Last edited by Mat; 29-04-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    rathunt and bibbju like this.

I will drop the attitude .....
    I flipping doubt that somehow...more chance of Xi Jinping saying to Hong Kong "Yep, you decide, we'll just rubber stamp it"

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    I flipping doubt that somehow...more chance of Xi Jinping saying to Hong Kong "Yep, you decide, we'll just rubber stamp it"
    Got up from the wrong side of bed this morning have we?

Seems like you are the one with attitude...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast