Like Tree54Likes

Better buy new car or second hand?

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    but my point is that Nissan has given you a very basic stereo with no car parking sensor and you are considering replacing already at this early stage, not a good sign.
    My wife wants to have the car parking sensor. To me it's a non-essential luxury. I had no idea it was standard among cars. But she says it's safer for the kids, and she keeps nagging me about it. She does have a point. But I would rather buy a rear camera, which apparently is about $1,000 in shops in HK, so no need for the parking sensor.

Anyway, if I have to pay $5,000 for sensor, camera, etc., so be it. But where can I find it?

Hkd1000 for a rear camera (which is important, not as useful as sonic and visually parking display ) for installation on a stereo that's compatible, in your case, no, Nissan gave a very basic one, so u need another hkd2000 for aftermarket stereo which is compatible with the rear parking camera, thus.do you think It's becoming expensive option?

Plus installation cost on top

Last edited by imparanoic; 26-05-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Welcome to Dmedia Technology Group

PAPAGO! GoSafe Wifi 汽車黑盒規格重新定義 : 香港第一車網 Car1.hk - PAPAGO! GoSafe Wifi 汽車黑盒規格重新定義 : 香港第一車網 Car1.hk

Or this option,

Does installing any of these aftermarket kits invalidate the warranty?

imparanoic likes this.

Thank you. This sounds very good! I would use it for parking and to check if a kid is behind the car. I wonder if the angle is large enough to cover the whole back of the car? I don't know if you have one, and can advise?

There's quiet a few shops in Mongkok behind Sai Yeung Choi St that sell car audio, alarms etc.

They can advise you and also do the installation. You can either upgrade the car stereo (to one that accepts an external video feed) or you could install a separate LCD screen for the reversing camera. Some people use a mirror with a built in screen for the reverse camera. Probably around $2k for a basic setup.

Liked, imparanoic and wtbhotia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    Thank you. This sounds very good! I would use it for parking and to check if a kid is behind the car. I wonder if the angle is large enough to cover the whole back of the car? I don't know if you have one, and can advise?
    Regarding the baby seat, ours was a gift bought in Nan Fung Plaza Tseung kwan O for less than 3K at that time, not sure if they still are selling for the same price but iMHO, 3.2K that you showed is still well worth it as you dont have to keep changing seats every few years like my brother had to do each time costing around 2-2.5K as his kid out grew the previous one.

regarding the rear car, I drive what my mate calls a living room on wheels, a 8 seater Toyota Alphard that has sensors on each corner of the car and plus two front bumper cameras and 1 rear camera and two additional rear bumper sensors, it even shouts at me in Japanese when i get close to something and screams louder if I m about to bump into something LOL

Like Mr Dollar said, go up to the car audio shops and ask around with your budget in mind and choose something that they can offer, look around a few shops before choosing or if your into DIY then buy the link that I posted earlier, its only a few $$$.

Which area are you located so maybe I can recommend some shops.
    imparanoic and Liked like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Regarding the baby seat, ours was a gift bought in Nan Fung Plaza Tseung kwan O for less than 3K at that time, not sure if they still are selling for the same price but iMHO, 3.2K that you showed is still well worth it as you dont have to keep changing seats every few years like my brother had to do each time costing around 2-2.5K as his kid out grew the previous one.

regarding the rear car, I drive what my mate calls a living room on wheels, a 8 seater Toyota Alphard that has sensors on each corner of the car and plus two front bumper cameras and 1 rear camera and two additional rear bumper sensors, it even shouts at me in Japanese when i get close to something and screams louder if I m about to bump into something LOL

Like Mr Dollar said, go up to the car audio shops and ask around with your budget in mind and choose something that they can offer, look around a few shops before choosing or if your into DIY then buy the link that I posted earlier, its only a few $$$.

Which area are you located so maybe I can recommend some shops.
    Thanks! I am in Shatin.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    Thanks! I am in Shatin.
    if I was you, sometimes third party electronics looks messy, can be hassle ( power cables and video cable exposed in the car especially with power cable exposed to your cigar lighter and separate video display for cam), kids can easily break it, etc, either get a reputable brand ( which will cost more, expect in the region of HK$3500 plus) and proper installation

or

enquire with Nissan hk or uk ( overseas) for the OEM version, it's integrated so it's clean looking, no exposed cable or trailing cable everywhere, no separate monitor, marginally retains more value than a third party solution

Find Nissan NEW_NOTE accessories at Nissan Aftersales

Rear parking system

Give yourself a warning of what?s behind you to avoid bumps and scrapes - Please Note, image for illustration purposes only. Rear Parking sensor kit only. Front sensors are available as an additional extra.

Price (fully fitted): £360.00

another recommendation on better solution

Fitting Rear Parking Sensors - Nissan Note Owners Forum - Page 1

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14