Like Tree67Likes

Taking foreign spouse to UK

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Which part in Da Philippines are u heading for.
    Pampanga, next to Clark.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Pampanga, next to Clark.
    Sweet, Im heading to Clark next month, gonna play me some golf, hopefully a few hole in ones Wahey!!!! Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Sweet, Im heading to Clark next month, gonna play me some golf, hopefully a few hole in ones Wahey!!!! Ha Ha
    Will still be in UK then but perhaps the next time we could meet up.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Pampanga, next to Clark.
    Wow, so now not only you plan to live in typhoon valley and earthquake zones, you want to throw down the gauntlet by living in an area where a massive US military base was wiped out by a volcano eruption in living memory
    Claire ex-ax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    Wow, so now not only you plan to live in typhoon valley and earthquake zones, you want to throw down the gauntlet by living in an area where a massive US military base was wiped out by a volcano eruption in living memory
    My wife's city was wiped off the face of the earth when she was 10 years old. When we had an earthquake a couple of years back I thought is was fun (lying in bed while it shook), she did not think it was great at all.

My wife's city was wiped off the face of the earth when she was 10 years old. When we had an earthquake a couple of years back I thought is was fun (lying in bed while it shook), she did not think it was great at all.
    Sheesh Hull, you ever considered other more dull places to retire?

On a totally different topic, hope you do the Scousers tonight!

Nice article, ern.

I wonder if anyone has done a breakdown of the nationalities of all those spouses not being allowed into the country. If the result is that 90% of them come from the Indian subcontinent, I suspect one might be able to argue the policy is racist. On the other hand, if they come from "all over the place" - including as noted in the article relatively well off people in the USA - its hard to see what its trying to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I wonder if anyone has done a breakdown of the nationalities of all those spouses not being allowed into the country. If the result is that 90% of them come from the Indian subcontinent, I suspect one might be able to argue the policy is racist. On the other hand, if they come from "all over the place" - including as noted in the article relatively well off people in the USA - its hard to see what its trying to achieve.
    It is trying to appease the Daily Mail readers.

The income threshold for immigrants is due to rise to 35,000 pounds in 2016. As has been pointed out, but so far ignored by the government, this means the UK can no longer recruit outside of Europe to fill its significant shortage of nurses.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast