Like Tree8Likes

Ladies Hairstylist???

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Usually I don't need to see him again for 3 months. Whereas with other stylists after 8 weeks its out of control. So even at $400 its a steal. Now just need a reasonable colorist.
    Agree - I have yet to find a skilled colorist that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Went to cairy today after reading all the rave reviews. WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED...... Went from medium length to a super short pixie cut. Showed him some pictures and asked for advice. Am super, super happy and the best thing is it cost me only 400.

rani likes this.

Cairy definitely gives the best haircuts. I was given a coupon to a new place in Central. They take service to a new level. Everyone comes and introduces themselves. You get a complimentary hand massage during your cut and the make-up lady will fix your lipstick n shine before u leave.. Felt like a princess.

Wow...it seems all ladies here are impressed by Cairy's good work, shall we exchange the "before & after" pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin45:
    Wow...it seems all ladies here are impressed by Cairy's good work, shall we exchange the "before & after" pic?
    I can't say I'm that crazy about him, as I did get one kind of "bad" haircut from him when he cut it too short (and kind of a "mid-aged" ladies kind of cut :/). I'm honestly too lazy to go all the way to CWB, so I recently gave in and just went to a local random place. Worked out all right!!!

Original Post Deleted
    Is that closer and cheaper shop near Central or the Western District?

Original Post Deleted
    I actually don't think Four Hair is that nice. (There's some cig smoke smell coming from the stairwell sometimes, so I've left with a stuffy nose.) I'm ok with "not nice" places. The place I went to recently looked as if they never sweep the hair off the floor, and you can forget about "sanitizing" brushes or combs... the lady even dropped the comb on the floor at some point, picked it up and kept going... But hey, if they get the job done well, you can always give your hair a wash at home!

Original Post Deleted
    Well, actually, what I really like about with Cairy, is I feel the $400 is actually going to him because of his good work not just the salon with a fancy interior. So I'm quite happy to pay that for him. (Cig smoke came into the salon, air was very stuffy... I've noticed this problem in several places in HK, that someone in their office will smoke in the stairwell, which leaks into other offices).

Stopped going to Cairy. I am fluent in both canto / English so obviously we spoke Cantonese to one another. From the beginning he and I kinda got off to a bad start. I felt he was stuck up and always talked to me like his opinion was superior and that annoyed the shit out of me. However , I kept going back to him for close to 3 years because I would stray and try another stylist but was never able to find someone as good of a hair cutter as him. But hallelujah!!! I finally found someone else and can say goodbye to Cairy and his shit salon once and for all. My stylist knows how to color + cut my hair well. I am very happy. He's also located in Causeway. Can PM me if interested.

If you are happy with Cairy, by all means can keep going to him. He does give great hair cuts most of the time. I just personally didn't like the guy and I want to like my stylist.

I'm going to have to check this guy out! It's so hard to find a good cutter. With all these complaints about colour services, I can't help wondering... Why not just pack in the colour and donate all those thousands of dollars to charity.