Like Tree20Likes

iPod touch dying, what to replace with?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    How about this?

SanDisk Clip Sport 8 GB MP3 Player - Yellow: Amazon.co.uk: Audio & HiFi

It's small, very cheap, supports lossless audio and sd card expansion. I have the old model (Sansa Clip and it's still going strong after 5+ years)
    Excellent value for money, but I presume you have UK address, just the shipping cost to hk at 10 quid makes it not so value for money

Yes I got mine in the UK. Haven't seen them in HK.

threelittlepigs likes this.

I think I'll get the Sony A25 but am wondering if I should get the bundle that includes the NH750 noise canceling earphones? I have heard mixed reviews on the earphones so any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    I think I'll get the Sony A25 but am wondering if I should get the bundle that includes the NH750 noise canceling earphones? I have heard mixed reviews on the earphones so any advice is appreciated.

sony digital noise cancelling are great, main thing, it cancels street noise, cars, trains, air planes, and air conditioning, not great on shouty loud voices though, no fiddly separate power, but the high resolution one are a bit pricey MDR-NC750 at HK$800, hopefully it will go down in price

it's noted that the mobile version, though standard resolution MDR-NC31em is unofficially compatible with them, well, i tested on the NWZ-A1X series , it's cheaper as well at HK$300, still very very good, but don't expect very bass oriented skewed sound, still quite a bit of low end

Sony MDR-NC31EM - 免提 & 耳機 & 喇叭 - 手提電話配件 - 通訊 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk
    Last edited by imparanoic; 08-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    USD995, that is a good deal. The headphones alone, when it first came out (ie the 1st editions) cost that much alone. However, I would NOT want to wear those headphones outside as a portable headphone. Way too heavy. That A+K with a pair of JH Rosie full metal would do the trick for me though. I personally preferred the Hi Fi Man HE-500s better than the Audeze LCD2 after trying them each for a few days listening on my home Woo Audio headphone amp.

FWIW, I'm now using the latest Xiaomi IEM's, "Headphone Pro", only $129 HKD!

This is now my fourth set of Xiaomi headphones, I only 'upgraded' from the Piston 3 because of cat related damage.

I listen mostly to podcasts, but I do listen to tunes from time to time and I challenge you to find better bang for buck than these. I've had expensive Shure headphones before, they were great, but not a whole lot better than the Xiaomi's imho, the best part about the cheap headphones is you won't be too upset if/when your cat chooses to destroy them, or rain damage, etc etc

you can't go wrong

link

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    FWIW, I'm now using the latest Xiaomi IEM's, "Headphone Pro", only $129 HKD!

This is now my fourth set of Xiaomi headphones, I only 'upgraded' from the Piston 3 because of cat related damage.

I listen mostly to podcasts, but I do listen to tunes from time to time and I challenge you to find better bang for buck than these. I've had expensive Shure headphones before, they were great, but not a whole lot better than the Xiaomi's imho, the best part about the cheap headphones is you won't be too upset if/when your cat chooses to destroy them, or rain damage, etc etc

you can't go wrong

link
    I had Sony mh1c, for hkd179direct from the distributor, normally cost hkd489, now that's a bargain

The Sony A25MH 16gb package is not available in HK but they do have the A26MH 32gb with digital earphones PLUS 32gb memory card for 900.00HKD more.

Tough decision about getting standard A25 16gb plus 32gb card for 1580.00 or A26 32gb package for 2480? Are there better options for noise canceling headphones, do they distort music? Does playing files off of memory card or internal sound any different? This price was at Fortress store at the mall, any other non-shady options besides Sony or online?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1452299773.534972.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  143.0 KB

Sorry for all the questions, my iPod has lasted 4 years so hoping to make another "one and done" purchase, deal with it again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I had Sony mh1c, for hkd179direct from the distributor, normally cost hkd489, now that's a bargain
    Is this offer available to regular people too? If not, it's not really relevant to compare.. but nice catch all the same

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast