Like Tree76Likes

South China Sea 2015

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Labor in China is quickly becoming more expensive & the population is rapidly becoming old. Cheap manufacturing is and will continue to move towards countries with cheaper labor ( Vietnam ).

This is partly why the US engaged in the TPP. While it is true the US will always be addicted to cheap crap, they are realizing it all all doesn't have to come from China.
    a.) That process will not happen overnight.

b.) I fail to see how that would help any president get support for a war in this region over a sea 90 percent of it's population have never heard of. I bet most Americans couldn't point to the South China Sea on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Thats the way he "debates". Stuffs words into your mouth and suggests that you've implied something when you havent. Kinda like our favorite dunce but more subtle.
    You'll have more peace in your day if you just dont tangle with him. If you continue to do so, he will continue to stuff words into your mouth whether you enjoy it or not
    Have you ever said anything useful in your life?
    Last edited by Cho-man; 31-10-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Thats the way he "debates". Stuffs words into your mouth and suggests that you've implied something when you havent. Kinda like our favorite dunce but more subtle.
    You'll have more peace in your day if you just dont tangle with him. If you continue to do so, he will continue to stuff words into your mouth whether you enjoy it or not
    Thx HC, kinda figured that out too. won't take him nor his question 'too' serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    a.) That process will not happen overnight.

b.) I fail to see how that would help any president get support for a war in this region over a sea 90 percent of it's population have never heard of. I bet most Americans couldn't point to the South China Sea on a map.
    You think we could find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map? Pfft. Americans don't need to know where we're fighting, as long as missiles are launching and bullets are flying we're all good

The carrier the USS Roosevelt together with Japanese ships is starting a 2 week tour of the South China Sea. Japanese planes (I assume flying from Clark) carrying Filipino crew are flying over the islands. Japanese ships reportedly moored off Subic but these might be the ones joining the US carrier. Australian submarines known to have moved to just off Philippines. Seems they are planning to maintain pressure to see what China does.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The carrier the USS Roosevelt together with Japanese ships is starting a 2 week tour of the South China Sea. Japanese planes (I assume flying from Clark) carrying Filipino crew are flying over the islands. Japanese ships reportedly moored off Subic but these might be the ones joining the US carrier. Australian submarines known to have moved to just off Philippines. Seems they are planning to maintain pressure to see what China does.
    The Chinese aren't going to back-off, but they probably don't want to be dragged into an actual confrontation either. Their priority is to keep building the islands. So they may just grin and bear it over the sailings while they keep their construction.

However, this does not reduce the risk of accidental collision and firing. Particularly with Japan involved, the Chinese may well be less restraint in confronting the Japanese vs the Americans. Given their mutual and continuing history of bad blood, the Chinese will be much less sanguine over the Japanese lurking about their islands.

The US, Japan & other ASEAN countries plan to form a united front against Chinese land grabs...

South China Sea tensions: Shift in ASEAN against Chinese buildup- Nikkei Asian Review

Upping the ante. Wonder what the US response will be.

Mainland deploys missiles on Paracel islands - RTHK

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:

China always says countries should avoid provocative and unilateral actions .... unless it they are the ones doing it. Philippine government have said they are happy to enter bilateral discussions once UNCLOS has delivered their decision. My guess is that other countries won't do a lot until yhat decision (due in May)
    Open Casket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:

I guess this the response to the US and Australia doing flyovers all the time.