Like Tree27Likes

Which flat to choose?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which flat to choose?

Would you rather an amazing flat with no facilities, or an average flat with amazing facilities? Same price and similar locations.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Would you rather an amazing flat with no facilities, or an average flat with amazing facilities? Same price and similar locations.
    Amazing flat with no facilities

I should add - two working parents and a small baby who can't currently swim or benefit from playground but obviously will down the line.

I would go average flat with amazing facilities BUT only if you are going to live happily in it. If the flat is not what you want and it makes you or your wife miserable then the facilities are not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I should add - two working parents and a small baby who can't currently swim or benefit from playground but obviously will down the line.
    I think you answered your own question. You can make an average flat amazing, and use the pool/playground/facilities etc as and when they are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I would go average flat with amazing facilities BUT only if you are going to live happily in it. If the flat is not what you want and it makes you or your wife miserable then the facilities are not worth it.
    I'm the wife

It's such a hard choice. One flat is big, modern, room for the whole family and a second kid if one comes along, balcony. No facilities at all. One is smaller, old (1980s), no balcony but the block has pool/playground/tennis.

We currently live in a modern every flashy facility building and we hardly use any of it.

Amazing flat, no facilities. You can always join a club with facilities. Impossible to make an average flat (eg dark, too many small rooms, odd shaped rooms, low ceilings) into a great flat.

misshappy26 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Amazing flat, no facilities. You can always join a club with facilities. Impossible to make an average flat (eg dark, too many small rooms, odd shaped rooms, low ceilings) into a great flat.
    The club thing that goes on in Hong Kong still spins me out a bit in regard to cost, because clubs here are more about status or segregation from the poor masses, they aren't embracing of the community at large or accessible to all walks of life.

Your post reminded me that my $130AUS annual membership fee to Home - Veneto Club is due in May, which I always pop in when I am in town, which is always nice and welcoming, with a big sense of community, thanks to a vibrant collection of demographics, not just 'professionals'....

Don't you get tired of this Hong Kong club rubbish, some of these clubs have a Billion or more in surplus funds ie The American club for example...It's just disgusting when just under a million people in this town live in abject poverty.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 02-04-2016 at 11:27 PM.
    misshappy26 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    dynasty club for example

We've lived in NYC and London and no one has indoor playrooms in apartments there. Doesn't a big apartment (1200 sq ft plus) make up for it? Can make a spare room into a playroom?

Pool harder to find but maybe could join Parkview or a hotel.

Ugh I like both a lot.

Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast