Like Tree159Likes

Premier League 2015/16 Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast

3:0 '59

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Hope you had a great run
    It was a small, local race with funds raised going to local school district. Poorly organized. Not enough toilets for number of people. Pre-race announcements included this gem, "Watch out for traffic. We've done our best to close off streets but it's best to be safe." Sure enough there was an accident on the street in the opposite lane from where we ran. A race official also had to wave off a car trying to drive onto the course. Officials allowed the kids running in the 5K to line up in front at it was a fiasco. Kids were getting pushed away. One kid fell down and I had to come to a complete stomp to avoid trampling him. Some kids would just stop in running in the middle of the course to turn around to look for their friends. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got hurt. The course was two 5k loops and I had to weave through slow 5k traffic from about the 6k mark until the end. Only one water station. Pure folly. Won't run it again next year.

Finished twelfth overall with 46:11 time. First in my age group of six contestants, but to be fair at least two were using canes.
    hullexile and Tom007 like this.

4:0 Leicester

Great post huja and congrats. Great run! Gotta switch to GeoExpat web version later as you deserved a ' like ' [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1] Thanks for sharing !

Last edited by Tom007; 25-04-2016 at 01:03 AM.
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    It was a small, local race with funds raised going to local school district. Poorly organized. Not enough toilets for number of people. Pre-race announcements included this gem, "Watch out for traffic. We've done our best to close off streets but it's best to be safe." Sure enough there was an accident on the street in the opposite lane from where we ran. A race official also had to wave off a car trying to drive onto the course. Officials allowed the kids running in the 5K to line up in front at it was a fiasco. Kids were getting pushed away. One kid fell down and I had to come to a complete stomp to avoid trampling him. Some kids would just stop in running in the middle of the course to turn around to look for their friends. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got hurt. The course was two 5k loops and I had to weave through slow 5k traffic from about the 6k mark until the end. Only one water station. Pure folly. Won't run it again next year.

Finished twelfth overall with 46:11 time. First in my age group of six contestants, but to be fair at least two were using canes.
    We could start a whole new thread on running nightmares. My two:

Here in Philippines, Only a 5k. Meant to start at 5am to avoid the heat. Philippine style it started nearly 2 hours late. ONE toilet cubicle between the men and women! Which stopped flushing!!!

Lisbon marathon. Big international marathon. They announced at the start that the streets would be opened to city traffic after 4 hours so if you had not finished tough, run on the pavements. Luckily I made it in time. Water stations ran out of water after about 18 miles and it was hot.
    Last edited by hullexile; 25-04-2016 at 01:04 AM.
    Tom007 and huja like this.

Table

1 Leicester 76
    2 Tottenham* 68
    3 ManCity 64
    4 Arsenal 64

* Tottenham' game v West Brom tomorrow

hullexile likes this.

Great story hullexile

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They announced at the start that the streets would be opened to city traffic after 4 hours so if you had not finished tough, run on the pavements. Luckily I made it in time.
    Great incentive to run a P.R.!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Here in Philippines, Only a 5k. Meant to start at 5am to avoid the heat. Philippine style it started nearly 2 hours late. ONE toilet cubicle between the men and women! Which stopped flushing!!!
    This is how to turn a 5k in to a Marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Table

1 Leicester 76
    2 Tottenham* 68
    3 ManCity 64
    4 Arsenal 64

* Tottenham' game v West Brom tomorrow
    Almost, almost. I hope God is a Leicester fan

1 Leicester 76

ManUnited (A)
    Everton (H)
    Chelsea (A)

2 Tottenham 68

West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Newcastle (A)

Fair to say Chelsea could tip the scales ( not much to play for anymore ) but first Tottenham need to win against West Brom.

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 ... LastLast