Like Tree38Likes

Wow, this is depressing

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Life in prison.
    chuckster007 likes this.

He said conviction was hard enough a sentence as the man might no longer be allowed to teach, and that jailing him would not be in his daughters’ best interests.
    Who the fuck cares, make one BIG MISTAKE and pay for it for the rest of your life. Rot in Jail Futher Mucker !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    A business only exists if it has customers...at least one of our members believes paedophelia is a sexual preference just like homosexuality...I doubt we'll see his face on this thread.
    As usual, you are wrong.

Sad part is ... there was a wise "SENIOR" counsel who said this, without breaking into a "fuck this... I'm not getting paid enough to repeat this shit in court" and walking away.

not trying to divert from the horror of what is described in the article, but

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    sexual preference just like homosexuality.
    homosexuality is not a preference but an identity, else the wording suggests a choice in which case it would be bisexuality (except of course if you believe that homosexuality can be 'cured').

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Sad part is ... there was a wise "SENIOR" counsel who said this, without breaking into a "fuck this... I'm not getting paid enough to repeat this shit in court" and walking away.
    No. Whilst I believe in the rope for child molesters, it is the sacred bounden duty of barristers to defend their clients to the best of their ability. In an adversarial legal system it must be this way with no half-measures or opt-outs.

Don't forget that they don't even get to choose clients in cases like this. Look up 'cab off the rank rule'.
    Last edited by Kinch; 31-05-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    chuckster007 and si0001 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    not trying to divert from the horror of what is described in the article, but

homosexuality is not a preference but an identity, else the wording suggests a choice in which case it would be bisexuality (except of course if you believe that homosexuality can be 'cured').
    I don't disagree...it wasn't me who said it. I suspect paedophelia has a genetic component...in fact, pure logic tells me that all behaviour can only be genetic or learnt or more likely a combination of both...even a thinking deist would have to confess that adding a soul into the equation only makes a difference if souls are 'good' or 'bad'...

The difference is that consensual sex among adult homosexuals does not harm children. Children are sacred...people who break that trust must be removed from society...
    cookie09 likes this.

(Yeah, I know he's just doing his job, but that does not prevent me from saying its a fucked up job where a barrister has to use that reasoning to reduce his client's sentence.)

By the cab of the rank thing applies when all cabs charge the same amount. And solicitors usually give their clients a menu card of available barristers who they feel would work best on that particular case. I suspect they often consult with the barrister before presenting their names to the client to avoid conflicts.

While on this topic, a man in the Philippines has been arrested for raping and killing a three year old girl. He is first in line when they reintroduce hanging. While I am against the death penalty for this one I could make an exception.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    "In mitigation, defence counsel John Haynes SC said ... that jailing him would not be in his daughters’ best interests."

This. I.just.can't.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast