Like Tree64Likes

Labour MP Jo Cox Shot - Condition Critical

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    No details as such.

He was alleged to of said ' Britain First' but this has now been retracted.
    Have you got any links to that retraction, I can't find with a quick Google.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Have you got any links to that retraction, I can't find with a quick Google.
    Did you check Breitbart?
    HowardCoombs likes this.

OK .. serious question and not a wind up.

How easy or difficult is it to get a gun the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Reports say this was a home made gun (and I have no idea how easy or hard that is). To go to the effort of making a home made one would suggest it is not that easy to get one.

For handguns: Much harder for you and me than for a determined criminal, obviously. And then repeat 100 times.

I'll leave the nitty gritty nuts and bolts to those who reside in the UK and have dealt with the system.

From following high end horology forums packed with City of London financial types with other expensive hobbies like blasting clay pigeons and real pheasants with bespoke Purdeys, Berettas, etc.. it's not that difficult to get a sporting shotgun licence.
    shri likes this.

Forgot about the sporting license thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Reports say this was a home made gun (and I have no idea how easy or hard that is). To go to the effort of making a home made one would suggest it is not that easy to get one.
    Very easy. You live in a third world country where home made guns abound. Hell, they can do it in Africa. They bang out amazingly good ones in Peshawar, but have yet to invent reticulated potable water supply or the flush toilet there.

Pretty sure the UK has people capable of doing basic machining. These are 'solved problems'.

An estimate on Google says that there are 500,000 illegals guns in the UK but that seems like a wild guess.

probably more like to convert replica guns or decommissions guns to crudely made but deadly working firmarms, than making guns from scratch

Guns converted using basic tools bought on eBay - Telegraph

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch:
    Very easy. You live in a third world country where home made guns abound. Hell, they can do it in Africa. They bang out amazingly good ones in Peshawar, but have yet to invent reticulated potable water supply or the flush toilet there.

Pretty sure the UK has people capable of doing basic machining. These are 'solved problems'.
    crudely made firmarms can be easily made, even convicts have improved basic materials to a working gun which is only effective at very close distance

all professional made guns have twisting groove inside the barrel to ensure the projectile path to be straight and accurate, this is very hard to do with a basic lathe and machines

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast