Like Tree5Likes

Late tax return

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late tax return

Hi!
    Long story short: I stupidly, I checked the tax return form. Thought I had 3 months to submit from the date of receipt by mail... But turns out it's 1 month. So I am going to submit it tomorrow (it will be about 3 weeks late, after the date on the letter).

I'm worried. Anyone been in this situation before? Will I be made to pay a surcharge?

Thanks.

They say "may be required to pay a penalty" ... I'd bet if you submit it you'll not see a penalty if you don't have any deductions etc.

Include a short handwritten letter explaining your mistake with the return, chances are all will be fine.

I normally submit during June, no issues

Even though its the simplest tax return form in the world, I'm the laziest fucker in the world and every year it sits in my drawer for ages and I always do it late. I just did mine 2 days ago. I think you'll be fine.

Original Post Deleted
    Me too! Join the club

But But But : for business owners, don't ever be late with AR & BR - those guys throw the book at you and it hurts, it hurts a lot.

Original Post Deleted
    I think its about the same time (or just a few days after) as the elapsed time. It usually says "If you have submitted in the last couple of days, ignore this blah blah"...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You guys don't do it online?

For a start you get an extra month to complete it, which sounds like some of you need ( ). It's also partially completed, e.g. employer information. It takes a few minutes to do, a couple more to double check, you can save it before submitting, and you get an estimation of the tax due at the end.

shri and vmlinuz like this.

Oh seems that I'm not alone anyway Haha.

Anyone know if you can submit it in person at revenue? (I'll be making a trip to wan chai tomorrow anyway). Or do you need to submit it by envelope to the PObox only ?

Quote Originally Posted by HKthe:
    Anyone know if you can submit it in person at revenue? (I'll be making a trip to wan chai tomorrow anyway). Or do you need to submit it by envelope to the PObox only ?
    The box is in the lobby of the revenue tower. Walk up to it and pitch it inside.

I wonder if anyone has ever thrown smelly objects in there in previous years

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast