Like Tree29Likes

Gym Deals for Calfornia Fitness Members

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It is unfortunate that not one competitor of California Fitness made a public statement that they would honor previous California Fitness membership plans. They have no business acumen of doing business in a way that will benefit their company's going forward. Everything in Hong Kong is extremely short term oriented and business first. Consumers remain secondary.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by biffski:
    It is unfortunate that not one competitor of California Fitness made a public statement that they would honor previous California Fitness membership plans. They have no business acumen of doing business in a way that will benefit their company's going forward. Everything in Hong Kong is extremely short term oriented and business first. Consumers remain secondary.
    Why in their right mind would any competitor honour previous California Fitness membership plans? The competitors get zero benefit in doing so, and hundreds of additional members who haven't paid up any fees.
    emx and Fiona in HKG like this.

What?!? Honor dodgy life time plans + PT contracts signed by a dodgy competitor?!?
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Why in their right mind would any competitor honour previous California Fitness membership plans? The competitors get zero benefit in doing so, and hundreds of additional members who haven't paid up any fees.
    The main reason is that, with the exception of lifetime members, they would have new members when their existing agreements expire. In addition, it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, I don't expect Hong Kong businesses to think with "best practices" in mind. Such is the nature of a business first culture.

The main reason is that, with the exception of lifetime members, they would have new members when their existing agreements expire. In addition, it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, I don't expect Hong Kong businesses to think with "best practices" in mind. Such is the nature of a business first culture.
    Allen Chu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:

I noticed a lot of dirty old ladies (65+) constantly perving at the guys. I had one on the couch near my cross trainer smiling at me while rubbing her nipples through her top. They usually lounge around on the couches in the lounge area which is right by the cardio machines. I spoke with the staff and they said they were aware and the old ladies were just bored and harmless.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Whats the going rate for Pure nowadays? Which companies have good deals, I remember some IBs had 30-40% off?
    I'm on a month to month contract with Pure at $899 per month although i think thats going up again soon, they have a price hike at least once a year, i had an initialy 2 year contract at $740 a month when their new venue at Lee Theatre Plaza opened but i was only paying monthly then too. One location only which is fine by me.

As my original price was promotional before the opening of that location I suspect the cost for new members now will be north of $1100.

Physical is the only one who came close with 6 months free
    Physical - Hot Offer

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Physical is the only one who came close with 6 months free
    Physical - Hot Offer
    I did see that and called them. In spite of the wording "HK residents" they stated it was only applicable to permanent residents. I have yet to challenge them on this statement since I am a resident and do file taxes, etc, but not yet a permanent resident. It is basically false or misleading advertising.
    shri likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    No I was for the first two years but now im on a monthly rolling contract (been with them 4 years now so the last 2 years are month to month i'm not tied into any contract)