Like Tree18Likes

Messing with Starbucks Rewards!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just got the email. Seems you are correct Shri, bummer! It's definitely a downgrade compared with the previous program but exactly how much of a downgrade depends on your normal drink order. My drink usually averages around $40 so under the old system I would have to pay approx $480 to get a free drink. So it's not a huge adjustment for me, annoying though it is. For others like my dad however, who usually just orders a tall Americano, that has a much bigger impact.

Yep ... my order is usually a venti Americano. $36 so a little bit more of a penalty for me.

Lets see if the bonuses kick in like Ddubya mentioned in an earlier post.

Here is my Starbucks rant of the day. I ordered a Macchiato and got something about 500ml!

The staff at Starbucks looked bemused when I explained that's not what I wanted.

What did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    What did you get?
    Well apparently (after googling) there is something called a "Latte Macchiato" rather than the usual "Caffe Macchiato" which it would be in most cafes. I guess that is the Starbucks default

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Ronald should really be paying me, but anyway, here we go.

McCafe - $13/cappucino with promo of buy 4 get 1 (small drink) free

Worst case, this means, over a course of 5 capuccino's you pay $10.4 per drink

Best case, if you upgrade your 'free' drink to a mocha, you are getting even more value

But, but, it doesn't taste as good unless I spend an amount more than 0.60% of an expensive, internationally repatriable life insurance policy's annual premium. Per cup. :-(

/s

Previously, Starbucks gave customers points for each transaction. You'd go to the register to buy, say, a muffin and a cappuccino and ask the cashier to ring each item up separately, to get extra points. The new loyalty program, however, rewards for total spending, not individual transactions. That change made it difficult to compare traffic and ticket amounts from one year to the next -- the changes have inflated average ticket totals and deflated traffic numbers.

On Thursday, Starbucks said that, in the third quarter, adjusting for the loyalty program changes shifted traffic from negative 1 percent to positive 1 percent growth from a year earlier.

Cutting register transactions by 10 percent from a year earlier, helped by eliminating those duplicate orders along with mobile ordering, also helped boost employee productivity and cut costs.

Bloomberg - Starbucks Rewarded for Opening Up About Rewards

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/art...for-opening-up