Like Tree6Likes

Cheapest 3G/4G Mobile plans

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I'm trying to search for differences between CSL & Sun Mobile (in terms of service) - but can only find the press release issued announcing the partnership. Clearly, Sun is a lower price offering than CSL - and fills that gap - but practically speaking, what differences am I to expect by using them?

Why bother using PCCW / CSL if Sun is cheaper for the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    I'm trying to search for differences between CSL & Sun Mobile (in terms of service) - but can only find the press release issued announcing the partnership. Clearly, Sun is a lower price offering than CSL - and fills that gap - but practically speaking, what differences am I to expect by using them?

Lower network priority.

For some reason the Smartone unlimited data $88 plan has been changed from 3G to 4G. Speed is still the same but ping it's much better, <20ms, before was >100ms.

Try China mobile, they have got plan just 198/month 4G 6Gb Data included

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:

I've been a Sun subscriber for several years. I have a plan which costs me $96 for 2GB at 4G speed thereafter at 128Kb/s, though I believe for new subs the plan costs $106. It works for me because I have wifi where I spend 90%+ of my time and I get nowhere near the data limit. I find that I sometimes have issues when moving off wifi to mobile data, but this seems to be to do with how the phone/apps handle it. If I make a point of disabling the wifi on my (Android) phone then toggling mobile data on and off everything seems to run smoothly.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with Sun Mobile and the few thousand dollars a year it saves me vs CSL.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed this advertisement in Mong Kok, might be useful for those with a smartwatch or device that's only used for messaging I guess. A little bit cheaper than smartone's goodcare plan at least.

It says its 384kbps speed in the small print. That's around 240p on YouTube.

https://imgur.com/a/bZIIX

Personally I've just gotten the offer to have goodcare plan with 786kbps as a retention offer for being on their plan for 1 year. I think its worth it as a heavy youtube viewer.

monomono likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4