Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Does black rain mean the ferries from Central are stopped until the signal is off?

I don't know about the ferries, but buses and the MTR are running as normal. I just caught the MTR and I'd say it was busier than normal. People going home early perhaps?

Most people get excited, there is a huge build up and at the end ...nothing.

Yes it's bad for villages usually and islanders but for the rest you maybe get 0.5 day off and that's about it.

Lots of talking as I said earlier for not much (thank "god") at the end.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Little bit of trivia.....does anyone remember Megi, six years ago and almost to the day! We were saved due to a weakening sub-tropical ridge[/I][/I] but this time the ridge seems intact, which will prevent the northerly track occurring as early as it did during Megi.

Attachment 70585
    What tosh! We all know it was Li's Field.
    Fiona in HKG, DirtyHairy and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I remember Megi - wasn't that the huge buildup, complete non-event?
    Yes, there was a break in the sub-tropical ridge and off it went. Not the same this time so far, ridge is intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Most people get excited, there is a huge build up and at the end ...nothing.

Yes it's bad for villages usually and islanders but for the rest you maybe get 0.5 day off and that's about it.

Lots of talking as I said earlier for not much (thank "god") at the end.
    One of these days, one of these storms will direct hit, making landfall to our west....the conversation will be different.

I was stuck on Carnavon road, TST in traffic which had ground to a halt due to a river that had appeared on the road. good job I was wearing flip flops in the car.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    One of these days, one of these storms will direct hit, making landfall to our west....the conversation will be different.
    It already has - it wo'nt change the fact as I wrote that most of the time..it doesn't.
    There will always be cases where it will be real real bad. But thee cases are extremely rare these days. Some will happen for sure but as I said, in most cases...nope.

Where is this Starbucks?!?

Mat, HK_Katherine, jrkob and 3 others like this.

Looks like World Trade centre near Causway...?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast