Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Great minds...I downloaded both to watch today too...out of curiosity, where did you get them...I tried really hard to buy them both...really...but in the end...
    Got a Kodi box....
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Now I have to listen for hours to hubby moaning about his staff considering it a holiday instead of working from home.

Music exams cancelled for morning session only thus far, so it'll also be a morning of listening to scales.

Dog will be howling because he's a 36 kg wuss scared of rain.

I'll be sticking my noise cancelling headphones on and playing Civ 6.
    Ha ha, my husband just took our dog out for a long walk, and refused to take him home until dog had done a big smelly sausage. Didn't hear much wind last night, then again, our house is pretty sheltered. Today i'll be doing some sorting out of stuff and looking at accomodation.
    kimwy66 and shri like this.

Winds are getting stronger...gusts have doubled from 15kmh to 30kmh in my garden...pretty much sustained at 20kmh...993hpa...just saw my neighbour head out for a run...

Wind definitely strengthening. Just had our first casualty on the roof with a large plant going over breaking the heavy pot it was in. While we were up on the roof surveying the damage a big passenger plane flew over heading North East, so airport must still be open. Wouldn't get me flying today.

And every now and then they land one of those in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And every now and then they land one of those in the water.
    With a folding stool set up in the cockpit for one of the pilot's rellies, IIRC - or was that another water landing I'm remembering?

Taller branches sometimes moving here. I reckon the MoD and Gurkhas found the most sheltered bivvy spot in town for Perowne.

Are we ready to call it a damp squib? One strong gust of wind here all morning and the OH is getting ready for work.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Are we ready to call it a damp squib? One strong gust of wind here all morning and the OH is getting ready for work.

No...no...wait for this...it's a very close thing...really.

Wind has been increasing over the last hour a bit...still rather bearable. People walking on the street without effort. But yeah, I think it might still hit harder soon.

DirtyHairy and dossier like this.

We're getting gusts of over 60kmh now...

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast