Like Tree327Likes

Typhoon Haima - Now T8 (21/10)

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Here we go. Guys, there were gales blowing in several parts of Hong Kong today...I would guess something like 5 million people were kept indoors today...I wonder how many deaths there might have been if there was no T8 signal.

In the U.K. when it snowed, there were times folks couldn't get into work...this was accepted even though there were no warnings...would you trust HK employers to have the same respect for their workers?
    Channeling your inner Water cooler DH?

Damp squib, official.
    shri likes this.

i do appreciate the education bureau shutting down all the schools well ahead of the observatory raising T8. Maybe this typhoon wasnt a real T8, but the EB saves a lot of pareents a lot of headaches and confusion. So what if the kids missed a day of school?

DirtyHairy, Skyhook and DrWho like this.

Remember the T8 is for the whole region. HK's not that small everyone experiences the exact same weather conditions. Stating the obvious.

And the people talking about the UK? Are you serious? Heathrow shuts down when there's a bit of ice and 3cm of snow. Everyone's laughing at you still you remain proud. That's admirable...I think

civil_servant and DrWho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I know. I was one of those students, except my instrument wasn't piano.
    Anyway, hubby came back with new printer ( apparently TC taste and fortress were open), but it wouldn't connect to the wireless....

Landlords came around to look at dishwasher and replace a lightbulb. All good. New dishwasher arrives next week. Dog is a sook - wants to give our landlords a good loving up, while they prefer to give our laidback flabby tabby some love which he isn't keen on. Was planning on taking the dog out for his walkies but LL was here. The moment they left, he produces a big sausage inside...luckily on the puppy pad. That's my tyhpoon rant, I'm off to do more packing.
    And now the dog got over excited by rain being wet and pooped on the stairs.

Where do I get disposable poop pads from @Natfixit

Original Post Deleted
    what about red and black rain?

T3 is up

Right, everyone back to work!

excellent, let the bitching commence.

chuckster007 likes this.

@shri you can go fill up on bagels now!

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    is car insurance valid in T8 in case of accident?
    https://kwiksure.com/blog/typhoon/
    chuckster007 and jaykay like this.