Like Tree69Likes

Why is Uber in HK so useless

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Not enough cars and too often surge pricing.

The last few times I have looked to take Uber the pricing has been 1.8x or over with limited choices of cars and 15 minutes wait. This is not a premium service....
    +1. My experience as well. Might be coincidence, but the last 5-6 times I've tried to use Uber the surge pricing has been high enough to discourage me from using the service (1.8-2.2x).
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    I really don't understand the need for Uber service in HK which has plenty of taxis and has a couple of useful taxi hailing apps. Then again I treat a taxi ride as a utility transport service and don't need luxe experience.
    Non-cash payment and 7-seater options. Those are the main benefits for me.
    Ofnpanad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    This is exactly what I was alluding to. I scheduled a trip at about 1am to take me to the airport. I went outside the hotel expecting the car to be there, but when I opened the app it was still only requesting the ride!
    This is why we need self-driving cars,eventually!

When the surge pricing on for Uber X, I usually just request an Uber Black instead.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    When the surge pricing on for Uber X, I usually just request an Uber Black instead.
    I used to do the same. Previously Uber Black would often remain available without surge pricing. However, recently Uber Black seems to be affected by surge pricing as much as the Uber X service.
    Last edited by jmbf; 26-10-2016 at 10:39 AM.

I've not seen surge pricing for Uber blacks yet but then again I only use Uber sparingly.

Yes,I also think that Uber is so useless,but the go go van is more useless,becauae a people from admiriaty to prince edward needs 450 dollars.They are so stupid and useless.

Surge pricing loses them a lot of business I would think. Last couple of weekends I have wanted to use them and surge was on up to 2+. No way!

jmbf likes this.

I think I may have been a victim of Uber X drivers prolonging the pick up times when the demand increases to get higher fares......although I'm not sure if they can do this

For example Kwun Tong to Wan Chai the other night - requested and got a Uber X with 1.2 surge pricing, and he was literally 4 minutes away.....3 minutes later he was 15 minutes away but still in the same locale, I cancel and lo and behold surge pricing now 2.1 and Ubers are falling over themselves to pick me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin Ch:
    go go van is more useless,becauae a people from admiriaty to prince edward needs 450 dollars.They are so stupid and useless.
    So use a taxi then, since they carry beds, tables, chairs, fridges no problem at all. NOT.
    TheBrit likes this.