Like Tree19Likes

puppy bed

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

May I add....please please don't buy from a petshop where they sell animals, you are supporting the breeders that way!

Pet shops for supplies only are OK, just please keep clear of the 'doggy in the window' ones!

Three Dog Bakery shops are pretty good but quite honestly everywhere has a fairly large mark-up

Good luck with your search

papaya, shri and Elegiaque like this.

Thanks Fiona! Don't worry, I would never buy a dog from a HK pet shop! Also I wouldn't support the even in buy-in a 5 HKD toy from them! It's a shame that nothing is done to close all those shops down. We are here for 9 years now and while nice restaurants and other shops leave because of rent increase or no business, most of the horrific pet traders prosper visibly. did you guys observe the prices in those shops? While a mini schnauzer was roughly 3500-4000 HKD back 8 years ago, now they want 9000-13000HKD! Ridiculous!
    Anyway, don't want to jeopardize my own post Absolutely happy and waiting for my little girl which arrives on ov 11th! Enough time to buy all I will need for her

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    May I add....please please don't buy from a petshop where they sell animals, you are supporting the breeders that way!

Pet shops for supplies only are OK, just please keep clear of the 'doggy in the window' ones!
    Totally second this post, so plse do not go near the one in Cannon Street, Causeway Bay behind SOGO. They are now mainly selling cats, at huge prices, but still were offering a Beagle and a Yorkie pup for sale, both looked miserable.
    Last edited by Cwbguy; 28-10-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Pic not showing.
    Fiona in HKG, rani, papaya and 1 others like this.

Heartbreaking trade. A friend of mine has a castoff from the trade, a "poodle" bred out until she was 4 then ended up at AFCD and rescued by HKDR.

Sad thing is, people still buy them from these shops, often as accessories, and they, too, end up at AFCD.

papaya likes this.

Many sad stories about pets from HK shops. They look cute and adorable but are continuously fed with antibiotics which effects are immediately gone when you bring the pup home... My friend's puppy died after 5 days. In her hands... absolutely speechless....

Papaya, there's a specialty store on Po Hing Fong street in Sheung Wan. Very close to Dear Dogs and Cats, so worth walking down the Pound ln. stairs (turn right on PHF, it's a few shops down near the bakery).

But I have to say, while I don't always like their customer service, WnP seems to have really good quality products. Their cat toys are the best, and they're the only supplier of my preferred cat litter. I think they would be your best shot.

With WisePet and Epet online they have very good prices for food (better than WnP), and for big items they will normally accept returns! Just ask them, and then split up some orders of food to get items and then potentially return w/free delivery (if you order food again ).

papaya likes this.

Thank you! Appreciate your extra tip! And I definitely won't reject WnP totally, just nice to have more options for particular reasons. Also, living in Mid Levels t's nice to know some more closer by places than Horizon Plaza. Definitely will get the bed from Germany as 1/3 of the price, good thing my hubby is going on business trip there this Sunday

Elegiaque likes this.