Like Tree7Likes

Easy Budget friendly 2nd Passport / Citizenship

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dominica sounds about right. Apparently lots of jobs in financial services should be perfect for refugees from Hong Kong!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominica

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    Portugal
    What's their youth unemployment rate now? 30% ?
    shri likes this.

If you want it quickly, then it's not likely to be a "developed country".

If you want a passport from a "developed country", it's going to take a few years and either $$ or a having a job there (e.g. Canada, Singapore).

If you just want residency, a number of EU countries offer it for $, but you probably won't find jobs

There's no such thing as a free job/passport

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Passports of convenience then in developed countries with plenty of job opportunities?

10 years too late.
    +1

OP, do you really think that there is a "budget" citizenship plan just waiting for you somewhere in a developed country with job opportunities only so you can go back to Hong Kong when the coast is clear?

Most developed countries are tightening their immigration policies -- I know for fact that the US and Australia are and I'm sure that goes the same for most of the anglosphere as well.

I'd try Singapore and give up Hong Kong citizenship if it's so bad that you have to leave. Just pray you don't have to do NS while you're there.

Giving up HK citizenship is no big deal for most people. Unlike other countries, HK people can renounce the their citizenship (ie Chinese nationality) but get to keep their PR status, so they can always return to HK.

But Singapore is also tightening immigration these days after complains by the public. You need to be working in a decent paying job in SG for a few years first before any chance of getting PR.