Like Tree73Likes

SF Express - $30 Surcharge

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Calling people stupid on forums, slandering business practices, naming and shaming on social media, all over $30.

Calling police on taxi driver over $10.

Makes me wonder what she does if someone rips her off for $500?
    I guess you should try not to find out...

Its never about the size of the money. It's about principals. And if people do not complain, push back, force companies (and individuals) to play by the rules and be honest then we all lose. Those of you who just say "oh it's only 30 dollars" or " I just worked out how to pick it up at the depot" or "life's too short to worry about such things" all contribute to the problem. You allow companies (and individuals) to be sloppy, to bend the rules or to do things that are plain illegal and never face sanction. Today $30. Tomorrow it's the removal of our democracy. We are already seeing that in HK. People didn't push back early enough and now perhaps its too late.
    Drunken Master and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Yikes! Remind me to never criticize the shopping habits of cheap entitled old biddies!
    Your posts lack logic and coherence. There are rules and a framework to society and you basically just suggest ignoring it. I have wondered from time to time if you just have a different frame of reference and if perhaps you are from a different culture (such as a Mainlander). But I think, on balance, you are probably just that stupid.
    TheBrit and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I guess you should try not to find out...

Its never about the size of the money. It's about principals. And if people do not complain, push back, force companies (and individuals) to play by the rules and be honest then we all lose. Those of you who just say "oh it's only 30 dollars" or " I just worked out how to pick it up at the depot" or "life's too short to worry about such things" all contribute to the problem. You allow companies (and individuals) to be sloppy, to bend the rules or to do things that are plain illegal and never face sanction. Today $30. Tomorrow it's the removal of our democracy. We are already seeing that in HK. People didn't push back early enough and now perhaps its too late.
    There's no principal here. It just means you didn't read properly and ended up disappointed because you didn't get what you expected.

SF Express is clear about their policy and Gearbest has this to say.
    Shipping rates are estimates and may depend on different policies and tax rates applied per country.
    If you don't like it go elsewhere, or deliver to your office next time.
    rickyross and HowardCoombs like this.

I ordered from GearBest on late Tuesday and I just had my order delivered from SF Express to my front door.

Must be my 12th order from GearBest, some delivered via SEA Express, SF Express or DHL (all being the free option at the time of order).

No issues at all.

rickyross likes this.

Today $30. Tomorrow it's the removal of our democracy.

Yea, quit making shit up simply because you're too cheap to pay $30.

There are rules and a framework to society and you basically just suggest ignoring it.
    Its never about the size of the money. It's about principals. And if people do not complain, push back, force companies (and individuals) to play by the rules and be honest then we all lose.
    What are these rules you speak of ?

A company has chosen to make a commercial decision - one that is well known and well documented. We get it, you dont like the decision and you have the choice to take your business elsewhere.

Whatever is broken is strictly in your head as there are no rules nor laws that have been broken here.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    There's no principal here. It just means you didn't read properly and ended up disappointed because you didn't get what you expected.

SF Express is clear about their policy and Gearbest has this to say. If you don't like it go elsewhere, or deliver to your office next time.
    That quote from gear best is about BEFORE you pay, not after.

Anyway, for what it's worth, they did deliver it in the end with out forcing me to pay the surcharge. I guess once they realised I was not going to pay they just dropped it off

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I ordered from GearBest on late Tuesday and I just had my order delivered from SF Express to my front door.

Must be my 12th order from GearBest, some delivered via SEA Express, SF Express or DHL (all being the free option at the time of order).

No issues at all.
    Which just supports my original view that it was just SF trying to scam me for an extra payment. The fact they eventually delivered it without the payment only confirms my view.

Anyway, for what it's worth, they did deliver it in the end with out forcing me to pay the surcharge. I guess once they realised I was not going to pay they just dropped it off
    You did it! By not paying the $30 you've held up our democracy! Hurrah! Vive la revolution!
    civil_servant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast