Like Tree9Likes

Reasonable shopping areas in Hong kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bangkok.

gigglinggal likes this.

Lots of good deals can be found in the overrun shops (Sun and Moon - Have found good chinos for HK$80-100), Uniglo, sales at places like M&S etc. I also have no problems shopping at cheap / unbranded places online like Blank Tee, or from Amazon for branded jeans / shoes.

Plenty of outlets can be found all around town for overruns / pop up sales / clearances.

We also shop a fair bit on US online shops and deliver to consolidators like shipbao.

Recently found a redeveloped outlet area at KITEC (has GAP and a few other brand outlets)

(Note: I am by no means a fashionable or clued in person, much to the wife's dismay)

Some links:

OUTLET & FACTORY SHOPS - HONG KONG EXTRAS3

The local shops love the Japanese and Korean trends (tinny tiny blouses and tinny tiny trousers that I wouldn’t be able to fit 1 thigh into, let alone 2). So I normally shop in Marks and Spencer, Uniquo, H+M. Or go online! There shouldn’t be a shortage of clothes shopping here no matter what styles or trends you are looking for.

I remember the first time I went to buy something in GAP for my wife. GAP doesn't have "Asian" sizing and maintain their international sizes so the ranges for women's clothing went from XXXS to L which was quite funny to me.

Local clothes shopping

Haha that's pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    I remember the first time I went to buy something in GAP for my wife. GAP doesn't have "Asian" sizing and maintain their international sizes so the ranges for women's clothing went from XXXS to L which was quite funny to me.
    I like to go around Wan Chai, dig into the outlet stores along Johnston Road and around the market. The mini malls are great too for women's clothing shopping. Agree with the dingier looking malls mentioned by HK_Katherine. Unfortunately, a lot of these shops don't allow you to try stuff on; you'll have to either just deal with draping clothes on you to guestimate, or find some rare shops that allow fittings.