Like Tree149Likes

Ken Tsang Beating - Police Convicted

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I sureley hope the baggage handlers at the airport are not ex-convicts....
    You'd be quite surprised and wrong...

One of my Chinese uncle in laws was released from a mainland prison early last year, after serving a 3 year sentence, who was a high flying HK real estate agent... now works at Hkia, as a baggage handler on $12,000 a month. So, speaking from an experienced POV.

Very pleased that HK does not tolerate police brutality and feel that for once justice is served with the 2 year jail sentence, termination and loss of pension to each of the 7 police officers. This sends a strong message to the community and the police force.

Skyhook, jrkob and Cwbguy like this.

I tend to side with the police on matters of OC for my own reasons, but the fact that they've managed to go through with the convictions is a reassuring symbol of the integrity of Hong Kong's legal system. I've got no issues with the HKPF but this should serve a reminder to them - and all civil servants in general - as to who they're accountable to (the public). Also sets a solid precedent for police brutality for the city which is always a good thing.

jrkob, vmlinuz and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by threesummers:
    “Did Tsang become paralysed or get seriously injured?” Ho said in a Facebook live video on Thursday, a day before the officers were handed a two-year jail sentence at the District Court.

Calling Tsang “some jerk” and “rubbish social worker,” the lawyer said: “He could walk and run for election afterwards. He didn’t sustain serious injuries or permanent scars, so practically speaking, the gravity of the crime was low.”

Obviously this is the guy you want on your legal team the next time you're facing charges of assaulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Obviously this is the guy you want on your legal team the next time you're facing charges of assaulting someone.
    He would have made a great defense lawyer for the "breast assault" lady .
    shri and chuckster007 like this.

I doubt he has the balls to turn up in Hong Kong, would HKP arrest him?

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    I doubt he has the balls to turn up in Hong Kong, would HKP arrest him?
    No they would not. The guy is a crackpot.

I was surprised by the verdict--justice was served and the sentences seem perfectly appropriate for the offenses committed. I have faith in the system here and it's good to know the cops here are reined in by the rule of law.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast