Like Tree149Likes

Ken Tsang Beating - Police Convicted

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Thy didn't say this about OC though, which is why they're the hypocrisy camp. Announcing that you are going to break the law beforehand doesn't change the fact that you broke the law. You can't have your cake eat it, no matter if you are an OC activist or not.
    The concept of civil disobedience seems to have entirely missed you.
    Gatts and lbear40 like this.

Thy didn't say this about OC though, which is why they're the hypocrisy camp. Announcing that you are going to break the law beforehand doesn't change the fact that you broke the law. You can't have your cake eat it, no matter if you are an OC activist or not.
    Again I am not clear what you mean. OC were clear that they would accept the consequences of their illegal gathering. The Police will not acknowledge their gathering was illegal even though it appears to be a clear that it was.

Can you please try again to explain why you think their is hypocrisy from a group suggesting both groups that gathered illegally agree to face the consequences not just the one.
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Again I am not clear what you mean. OC were clear that they would accept the consequences of their illegal gathering. The Police will not acknowledge their gathering was illegal even though it appears to be a clear that it was.

Can you please try again to explain why you think their is hypocrisy from a group suggesting both groups that gathered illegally agree to face the consequences not just the one.
    Again can you please attempt to even explain why the group condemned the police for their illegal gathering but not the OC movement. Do you understand what the definition of hypocrisy is and how it applies to this situation. Or do you think announcing the intent to break the law beforehand absolves all liability when the law is broken and do you think that certain groups in Hong Kong can selectively choose whether or not to face consequences of breaking the law.

This is SICK

"While the protester remains at large, the seven officers enforcing the law at the scene have been jailed WTF WTF WTF WTF. The court ruling sent a strong message that, in such social protest movements, the presiding judge’s moral support lies with the protester, while the hands of the law enforcers are tied WTFWTFWTFWTF.As a consequence, protesters will become even more radical WTFWTFWTFWTF.. The excessive punishment for the seven officers WTFWTFWTFWTF., at a time when Hong Kong society is in chaos,"

Seriously???

And by the way, I thought HK was much better now (@civil_servant) so if now HK is in chaos...really wonder what it was before........

Again can you please attempt to even explain why the group condemned the police for their illegal gathering but not the OC movement. Do you understand what the definition of hypocrisy is and how it applies to this situation. Or do you think announcing the intent to break the law beforehand absolves all liability when the law is broken and do you think that certain groups in Hong Kong can selectively choose whether or not to face consequences of breaking the law.
    NO...it's not the intend to break the law that absolves it's the fact that one group was OK with the consequences and the other one is not.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Here come the "hypocrisy camp"...what's more illegal members gathering at a clubhouse but what about tens of thousands of people occupying the streets for 38 days? Where was the outcry for that? Give me a break.
    Forget that for a second and make your stance clear. Were you or were you not supporting Occupy Central?
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    This is SICK

"While the protester remains at large, the seven officers enforcing the law at the scene have been jailed WTF WTF WTF WTF. The court ruling sent a strong message that, in such social protest movements, the presiding judge’s moral support lies with the protester, while the hands of the law enforcers are tied WTFWTFWTFWTF.As a consequence, protesters will become even more radical WTFWTFWTFWTF.. The excessive punishment for the seven officers WTFWTFWTFWTF., at a time when Hong Kong society is in chaos,"

Seriously???

And by the way, I thought HK was much better now (@civil_servant) so if now HK is in chaos...really wonder what it was before........
    You're reading an opinion piece in the newspaper, so stop shitting your pants. No different from anyone's opinion on this forum. Reality is, those cops went to jail. Law and order has prevailed.

I do not agree with the author's message. Nonetheless, I can try to understand the sentiment of the police. Their power to enforce the law during OC had been taken from them. For over a month they had to take abuse, work around the clock to keep the situation under control, and maintain some sort of order. In most countries, they would have brought in the water cannons or done a mass arrest to clear the streets. If the police would've been able to execute their job properly, then the beating may have not occurred. What was the point of storming down Lung Wo Road that day?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    You're reading an opinion piece in the newspaper, so stop shitting your pants. No different from anyone's opinion on this forum. Reality is, those cops went to jail. Law and order has prevailed.

I do not agree with the author's message. Nonetheless, I can try to understand the sentiment of the police. Their power to enforce the law during OC had been taken from them. For over a month they had to take abuse, work around the clock to keep the situation under control, and maintain some sort of order. In most countries, they would have brought in the water cannons or done a mass arrest to clear the streets. If the police would've been able to execute their job properly, then the beating may have not occurred. What was the point of storming down Lung Wo Road that day?
    In any other countries the protesters would have really really really abused the policemen.

This was the most orderly and pacific protest I have ever seen. Give me a break really.
    Gatts likes this.

Still unlawful. Where do you live? Can I peacefully occupy your place for 75 days? Can I bring my family?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:

So, isn't that the fault of the HK government? The HK government could have easily given orders on day one to quell the demonstrations, but it was the one that decided to do fcuk all. Why aren't all police supporters blaming the HK government?