Like Tree25Likes

Leaving HK without paying remainder of Wifi bill. is it possible?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pennywise Pound foolish

They could report you to the credit rating bureaus, then you will have a negative mark against you. That will follow you no matter where you go and try to get credit.

Last edited by dinong; 14-03-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by dinong:
    They could report you to the credit rating bureaus, then you will have a negative mark against you. That will follow you no matter where you go and try to get credit.
    I don't think this is true is it? My HK credit history did not follow me to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I don't think this is true is it? My HK credit history did not follow me to the UK.
    I don't believe credit agencies share records between countries. You can however provide a credit record from another country and ask for it to be taken into account in your home country (I think).

It's not entirely true that it will affect your credit rating, since not all ISPs report to Trans Union, HKT Netvigator being one.

Original Post Deleted
    Abridged version: Karma is a bitch
    TheBrit and DrWho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I wish my UK credit history followed me to Hong Kong...took me years to get a local credit card.
    AnotherCanadian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Abridged version: Karma is a bitch
    Yes. This.

What is this thread? School for cheats? Cheapskates? The tone of this thread gives (confirms for) locals the worst possible impression of what the average (young?) expat is like and their mentality on simple honesty and decency. There is not a word for the provider and his costs or for respecting your contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Tiger:
    What is this thread? School for cheats? Cheapskates? The tone of this thread gives (confirms for) locals the worst possible impression of what the average (young?) expat is like and their mentality on simple honesty and decency. There is not a word for the provider and his costs or for respecting your contract.
    This is a thread about HK internet providers, lack of honesty and decency is a given. In fact the same could be said of most service providers here.
    DrWho, TheBrit, huja and 1 others like this.

I think if you contacted them and say you're leaving they'll let you cancel it without any issue.

HKBN couldn't provide service to my new address even though I had over a year left on the contract and they let me go without problems.