Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dave_van_damn
  • 1 Post By theGERM!
  • 1 Post By Sledge

Wanted: VHS tapes of English HK TV!

Closed Thread

Wanted: VHS tapes of English HK TV!

Hello,

I've recently started a youtube channel focusing on colonial English HKTV (HKTV Time Machine - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqS...TmxxbecIzWYzyQ)

Does anyone have any old VHS tapes of recordings made during 70s/80s/90s? I'd be very interested and can help you to transfer them to DVD if you wish for no cost.

Please get in touch and if you dig the channel above, then please subscribe

Dave

imparanoic likes this.

I have some but the programs are in Catonese. Do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valedictorian:
    I have some but the programs are in Catonese. Do you want it?
    Do you think there's any chance of there being some English ATV/TVB Pearl on there? Even if it's just English commercials? I'm not interested in Cantonese, but any English would be great.

I watched the half-hour documentary on your site - "Kites". Thoroughly enjoyed it, not because of the birds, but for the overhead views of Stonecutter's Island and the transformation that stopped it being an island anymore.

dave_van_damn likes this.

I'm really interested in watching this, but I can't get the link in the OP to open (just get a blank screen) nor can I find the channel when I search on YouTube.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

(I'm still using the Geoclicks app on my iPhone).

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge:
    I'm really interested in watching this, but I can't get the link in the OP to open (just get a blank screen) nor can I find the channel when I search on YouTube.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

(I'm still using the Geoclicks app on my iPhone).
    Hello! Here's one of my videos. At the bottom of the video click "watch on YouTube.com" and from there you can find the channel by clicking "Hong Kong TV Time Machine" under the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxeZGqUfzfU

Thanks, I'll try it out!

dave_van_damn likes this.