Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By bdw
  • 3 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

OnePlus One Digitiser replacement

Closed Thread

OnePlus One Digitiser replacement

Hi - I recall the other week there was someone who wanted to fix our phones... I posted but never heard back.

Anyhow, I have a OnePlus One with a dead zone across the screen, I suppose it needs a new digitiser, anyone know where I can get this fixed for a reasonable price?
    I'm in Central.

It's certainly not a software issue.

I just did it myself. Bought the OPO screen from Taobao for RMB 200 and it even came with a little plastic thingy for prying the old one off. Here is my old one that is still lying around on my desk:

Name:  IMG_4884.JPG
Views: 1049
Size:  693.9 KB

shri, chuckster007, emx and 1 others like this.

+1 for the geoexpat branding.

bdw, chuckster007 and periphery831 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    +1 for the geoexpat branding.
    Definitely a -1 for not having the full logo in the screen bdw should be banned for 1 day for that effort.

Back on topic I have the same issue as robert. @bdw care to share the taobaoo link to buy the screen, was it hard to replace yourself.
    bdw likes this.

@bdw
    Side note: that's the whole LCD/Display and not just the digitizer.

To change the complete display is usually much easier. Actual LCD and digitizer are glued together and you need a heat plate to get them removed. First heat it, then seperate it with a fine steel wire. Trick is to do that without breaking the LCD.

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I just did it myself. Bought the OPO screen from Taobao for RMB 200 and it even came with a little plastic thingy for prying the old one off. Here is my old one that is still lying around on my desk:

Name:  IMG_4884.JPG
Views: 1049
Size:  693.9 KB
    Got a link to the taobao item?

might as well give it a go...

Hey guys, it was quite easy. No soldering necessary, it came with the tools needed, the hardest part was prying the battery off without snapping it since it's glued on.

The whole screen including the chrome edge around the front was about RMB 200. You can also just get the digitiser for 150 but that is harder to change and more things needed to take apart and put back together again. I think there is a YouTube video somewhere showing it

@all. is this a good mobile phone? what about feeling?