Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Yuzy
  • 1 Post By rani

How do you stop bugs coming into your apartment?

Closed Thread

How do you stop bugs coming into your apartment?

I've heard about nets but haven't seen any being sold in HK.

Had one too many mosquito bites tonight and its time to fight back.

Any help?

Use thick curtains and keep them well drawn (if your windows are open at night).

If you don't mind electricity costs, most locals just switch on the A/C when they're sleeping which works most of the time.

Anti mosq. Incense sticks, fan blowing towards your bed, geckos

Cheers everyone, I ended up getting one of those blue light contraptions that electricutes bugs. I also thought i'd give a couple of ultrasound plugs and mosquito bracelets a try on the cheap but won't be suprised if they do nothing.

Live n Thrive sells Citronella Soaps for $78 i think... Last for about 4 hrs. It can be as effective as DEET. Back in the states We used Citronella candles and it works really well. Can also douse yourself in Eucalyptus oil. Lasts about 3 hrs. Better yet...buy a mosquito net online.

shri likes this.

You think something like this would work.

Name:  21674407c9b8a30fdbfe6bf39f3e8ae4_no-mosquito-sign-stop-no-mosquitoes-clipart_1300-1300.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  144.1 KB

Sorry, couldn't resist.

SannyJ likes this.

I've been looking to order the magic mesh from TaoBao, you might remember the infomercials from the late 1990s/early 2000s (if you watched US TV anyway) but does anyone know if there are any physical shops here that would have them? There have been a few groupons or whatever online group buy offers but none are currently running.

Mosquitoes are mostly active from around sunset to midnight. Keep your windows closed during this period helps a lot. And they prefer rooms where the air is not moving (i.e. no wind). Having a fan on helps.