Like Tree1Likes

Food Gulu - will it get traction?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Food Gulu - will it get traction?

A simple reservations system based on HK culture of getting a ticket in the queue.

Will enough restaurants sign up?

There are already quite a few that use it. Problem is, now anyone can get a ticket before arriving at the restaurant. So you typically have the situation that your ticket is like 100 behind the current one being called, even though there are only 10 people standing next to you outside the restaurant.

z754103 likes this.

Anyone have any idea how to use this app? I arrived at simplylife to find I'm 51 in the queue and they are at 27.. (in person).

So my ticket has this food gulu logo and a QR code, which leads nowhere.

Downloaded the app and scanned my QR code and it still does nothing. So I can't monitor the queue or anything? What's the point of the app?

Is this the first time you've used it?

Yes.

I gave up in the end and went somewhere without a queue.

When I scanned my QR code within the app I got a message in Chinese with a green box saying CONTINUE.

No idea what that was about given it was in Chinese (even though my setting were all English)

Is this app from Maxim's group? I saw Maxim restaurants using this service, they also have a physical machine at the restaurants, which will print you a ticket.

I went to a restaurant once during a public holiday where there were 350 numbers before me but only a dozen or so people waiting outside.

Not only can you get a ticket without being there physically, you can also get multiple tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    I went to a restaurant once during a public holiday where there were 350 numbers before me but only a dozen or so people waiting outside.

Not only can you get a ticket without being there physically, you can also get multiple tickets.
    LOL 350? how big is the restaurant? How long did you wait before getting a table (or did you just leave?)

Why would people get multiple tickets... faking statistics?

you take a ticket every 10 or 15 mins, so if you miss one you can use the next one ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast