Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Does anyone know if we show MPF portifilo to meet the 62K sterling requirement, would they accept it???

I don't think that you can - just cash savings held in your/your partner's account for 6 months if you're going the cash savings route. We also included MPF/shares/other stuff in the appendix just to show we have access to more cash if need be, but they weren't included in the actual application.
    Last edited by shri; 16-06-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    chuckster007 likes this.

I am planning to move to U.K. With wife and kids. My wife's x-ray has come positive for TB although she has no visible signs. Now they want to do a sputum test. Any idea how long does it take for the results to come. I heard it takes more than two months? Which jeopardises all plans. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by anujroy:
    I am planning to move to U.K. With wife and kids. My wife's x-ray has come positive for TB although she has no visible signs. Now they want to do a sputum test. Any idea how long does it take for the results to come. I heard it takes more than two months? Which jeopardises all plans. Any idea?
    Find another authorized lab to do the TB test and see if they get the same results or not is what I would do 1st.
    jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Find another authorized lab to do the TB test and see if they get the same results or not is what I would do 1st.
    Indeed, my wife had a TB xray come up positive, they did it again at the same hospital and it was negative. However if they have already asked for a sputum test I don't think you have a choice.
    shri likes this.

If I am applying family visa via Cat D (savings). It stated they will need 6 months bank statement.

The question is, do I have to build up 6 months of real bank statement before I can apply or I can goto my bank and pay them to print previous 6 months on original letterhead paper?

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    If I am applying family visa via Cat D (savings). It stated they will need 6 months bank statement.

The question is, do I have to build up 6 months of real bank statement before I can apply or I can goto my bank and pay them to print previous 6 months on original letterhead paper?
    I did mine with BOC.
    They gave a printout for the past 6 months but they stamped it which was fine.
    WMDS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    I believe a non-UK EU citizen can bring their spouse, regardless of where the spouse is from, to live in the UK without the salary or savings restrictions applying.
    Not true

An interesting case where it was settled by being the wife of an EU citizen exercising his treaty rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-to-stay-in-uk

While this case is pretty nasty, i can't help but wonder why this couple was entitled to child benefit. Right to live fine, right to benefits when not even an EU national... Kind of explains why some people voted for Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    While this case is pretty nasty, i can't help but wonder why this couple was entitled to child benefit. Right to live fine, right to benefits when not even an EU national... Kind of explains why some people voted for Brexit.
    Because the husband is an EU national. They pay tax, there's healthcare and other agreements all over the EU. Same with people from Irish Republic working in N.I. They then become eligible for child benefit. Been that way for years.