Like Tree96Likes

2017 - Summer flu

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Sorry, I really don't know what you are going on about. I am guessing you are mistaking me for someone else. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topeka:
    Ah, I see the source of disagreement between you and rickyross now.

You are disagreeing with the practice of prescribing antibiotics for any random infection, which rickyross interprets as you saying you know better than a doctor in treating illnesses (which you are not arguing, correct?). He believes you are saying you know better than HK doctors, but you are not arguing that and the real issue you want to get across is the over-subscription of antibiotics. I agree, extra care must be taken by heath care professionals to avoid the further spread of super bugs.
    Well, I would have put it as "one of us can read, the other one can't read without letting cultural bias throw in words that simply don't exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Topeka:
    I wonder if it is a cultural thing. Local patients expect pills and so doctors give it to them. Hard to wean off that expectation.
    Highly unlikely. As other posters have commented over proscribing was a common issue in other countries.

It is almost certainly the hands-off approach rather than the arms-length of monitoring the wider health-care system. Who really cares, we have a new bridge and tunnel to China as well as tight government control of the upper management of Universities

ITT: Unqualified individuals who think they know better than all HK doctors but won't admit it to save face. Looks like foreigners like saving face just as much as the locals do.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    ITT: Unqualified individuals who think they know better than all HK doctors but won't admit it to save face. Looks like foreigners like saving face just as much as the locals do.
    The only doctor I've called an idiot is yours, for claiming that antibiotic resistance research is all based on data from the US.

And for the third time, were did I give medical advice? Can't answer that one, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    The only doctor I've called an idiot is yours, for claiming that antibiotic resistance research is all based on data from the US.

And for the third time, were did I give medical advice? Can't answer that one, can you?
    Since you just love quoting other people instead of making your own arguments, here's one for you:

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You have indirectly given your views credibility by citing a so called doctor.
    You've given your views credibility because you've cited this supposed doctor in your extended family or whatever. So then, where are your credentials for all the statements you've made about antibiotics then? Can't answer that one, can you?

I thought the argument about antibiotics and their over prescription and mis-use had been concluded years ago, obviously not.

HK_Katherine and drumbrake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I thought the argument about antibiotics and their over prescription and mis-use had been concluded years ago, obviously not.
    I think that's kind of the point of this thread....
    Edwardstorm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    My thread is going viral!
    Speaking of going viral
    Name:  Viral.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  45.1 KB
    jgl, hullexile and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Since you just love quoting other people instead of making your own arguments, here's one for you:

You've given your views credibility because you've cited this supposed doctor in your extended family or whatever. So then, where are your credentials for all the statements you've made about antibiotics then? Can't answer that one, can you?
    Right, so you've said three times that I'm giving medical advice, and you can't actually demonstrate a single instance of this. So you're goin' by teh feelz. Good for you.

I think what you've done here is projected some weird personal insecurity into my posts and have managed read something along the lines of "all, 100% of, every single one of 'em, not even excepting that one at the back with the bow tie and mild squint, doctors in HK are untrustworthy cracks. Instead of listening to them, take this powered rhino horn mix it with the tears of a Tibetan yak under the light of a full moon and drink it, after the next rain of frogs, all your ills will be gone".

Where do you think this insecurity comes from, was it far back in your childhood or more recent? Have you considered seeing someone about it? I hear there's a great doctor who might be able to C.U. out in the N.T*. who might be able to help because he knows all about the research.
    Last edited by jgl; 20-07-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: * jokey references to naughty words show that I am extra clever!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast