Like Tree7Likes

Classified scams (dealt with)

Closed Thread

When I tried to sell a car many years ago, I had the similar type of response, not in HK will send someone over blah blah blah, told em to Piss off as I only deal with cash in hand and face to face. stopped replying afterwards LOL

Or you could counter his scam with another scam like this guy

This Malaysian Man Who's Selling His Mercedes Just Epically Trolled A Scammer - WORLD OF BUZZ

This really has been going on for a hell of a long time.

First clue is the buyer immediately accepting the price offered. No one ever does that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:

First clue is the buyer immediately accepting the price offered. No one ever does that!
    It usually catches out 1st time sellers

Original Post Deleted
    Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...

But in some other news from Nigeria....

Name:  nigerian-man-dies-and-authorities-find-27-billion-in-his-24975841[1].png
Views: 647
Size:  153.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:

Me and the Mrs must be dumb. We've never bargained, partly because whatever we've wanted is usually fairly priced, else we'd not be wasting our time on it.

My usual thing is "Yes, I'm interested, yes I can pick up today or some to inspect today, yes your price is acceptable if I can inspect before I buy and you don't entertain any offers until I see this".

Gotten a fair bit of stuff off the classifieds - Gaming computer, soccer tickets in the last few weeks.

The only time we've lost out is when we agree to "But I'd like to keep this till the end of the month when we move... " then the clowns go in and sell it or give to their friends and ditch us, despite agreeing to their intial price.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...

But some news from Nigeria....
    One of the reasons we obsessively block VPN and specific countries - shit like this. Some countries / IP ranges are a complete waste of bandwidth and energy.

[QUOTE=flameproof;3515416]Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...]

This scam sounds to me like they had set up a fake paypal so when you create your new account you provide your credit card details which are then stolen and used.

sneaky sneaky - the ever evolving scam

[QUOTE=SannyJ;3515423]

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Doesn't sound like a well thought through scam. Old furniture that you probably can't sell anyway...]

This scam sounds to me like they had set up a fake paypal so when you create your new account you provide your credit card details which are then stolen and used.

sneaky sneaky - the ever evolving scam
    That sounds quite plausible.