Like Tree24Likes

Travelling from Sai Kung Town Centre To Tai Po

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Lived in Sai Kung until recently. One of the best places to live unless you need to commute south. I worked in Tai Po and the commute by car was easy and even enjoyable. If you don't want to own a car then the earlier post suggesting to take taxi to University station then MTR (was KCR) is the best idea. Although you have the taxi cost it will be a lot cheaper than owning a car but no doubt car will be more convenient

Skktse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Sai Kung traffic is a nightmare though. Suggest you find another place to live.
    Not to Tai Po. That's easy. Sa Sha road is not that busy and the bus suggested above is pretty fast.
    Skktse likes this.

Thanks for all the options and advice guys appreciate it. It looks like i will most deffinetly be getting a car and by the sounds of it its not that bad of a drive.

Thanks again

It's not that bad of a drive but it's also not that great. From Sai Kung Town to Tai Po Market, it's about ~40 minutes by car. The thing is, you can't really speed through the road from Ma On Shan to Sai Kung because it's windy and there are cows, etc. But it's do-able and WAY faster than taking public transport.

Skktse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skktse:
    Thanks for all the options and advice guys appreciate it. It looks like i will most deffinetly be getting a car and by the sounds of it its not that bad of a drive.

Thanks again
    Welcome to the neighbourhood, once you settle in join these two FB groups

1. Sai kung traffic where we give heads up of traffic situations / accidents / floodings etc
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1533...65930/?fref=nf

2. Sai Marketplace, where you can ask all kinds of questions about saikung if you need anything or buy/sell stuff etc great community and everyone likes helping others.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123966737752313/
    Skktse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Only problem you will have is during heavy heavy rain when the road floods and gets closed then ur screwed and will have to go the long way round to get home.

yeah, i've seen this happen. was meeting a friend on sai sha rd btwn MoS and Sai Kung. Road at one point was all be completely flooded out. (One car at a time, super slowly, half on the sidewalk could get by).
    I was in a cab, just got out and continued on foot. Cabbie u-turned back to MoS.

Heavy rains aren't *that* rare here.
    Skktse likes this.

Idiot in Sai Kung today driving Black Alphard causes major accident and this will stop people going in and out of Sai Kung in 1 direction, everyone else will have to travel through Sai Sha road.

I will never move to Sai Kung, one little fender bender and everyone is backed up, this Major crash will cause a few hours of back log.
    http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/realti...164.1488432181

I'm surprised the relatively wealthy and influential people living there haven't pressured the government to sort out the roads, or to build the MTR line over there.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    I'm surprised the relatively wealthy and influential people living there haven't pressured the government to sort out the roads
    "Under Review":

https://www.hyd.gov.hk/en/road_and_r...ojects/6806th/

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    I'm surprised the relatively wealthy and influential people living there haven't pressured the government to sort out the roads, or to build the MTR line over there.
    It's a double-edged sword. If the road were better or an MTR comes, so will the riff-raff. (aka normal HK locals).