Like Tree95Likes

US white supremacist violence

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

At least he says what he thinks and you know what kind of person you are dealing with. The problem is there is a sizable number that agree with him and managed to vote him into power...

Quote Originally Posted by jgballer:
    glad im moving to hong kong, I wont be around that shit
    You're going to have to get used to apologising to everyone including the office cleaning lady, on behalf of all Americans.

Welcome to HK...
    HK_Katherine and jgballer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    What surprises me about the whole issue, neither Hillary nor Obama got blamed yet.
    I thought he did try very hard to bring Obama into this.

In the mean time, Obama has broken twitter records in the last few days. This would rattle Trump more than anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    You're going to have to get used to apologising to everyone including the office cleaning lady, on behalf of all Americans.
    He could just pretend to be Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    He could just pretend to be Canadian.
    Many decades ago I was in Greece when the Cyprus thing blew up. For some reason the Greeks blamed the USA and all the American backpackers sewed Canadian flags on their backpacks. Time for Shri to add Canadian flags to his online shop?

Original Post Deleted
    The difficulty is that clear (to most sensible folk) one side of this debate is right and the other wrong. However, violence is also wrong. When the "good guys" use violence to perpetrate their agenda, they themselves open the door to be called out by it. We then get into a position where it;s much harder to defend right (as in, correct, not a political side).

When the nazi's turn up with guns and mow down people with cars, it's probably very hard to turn the other cheek, but if they don't they become part of the problem. Although it takes a president to say an equal part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    What surprises me about the whole issue, neither Hillary nor Obama got blamed yet.
    Oh Obama definitely got a mention on that trump statement.

Obama is getting tons of blame for dividing the nation so badly to where it is today. LOL! The Vice news segment was well done I thought. Trump needs to go. Glad to see the Phoenix (mayor is it?) looking to cancel Trump's campaign rally.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    The difficulty is that clear (to most sensible folk) one side of this debate is right and the other wrong. However, violence is also wrong. When the "good guys" use violence to perpetrate their agenda, they themselves open the door to be called out by it. We then get into a position where it;s much harder to defend right (as in, correct, not a political side).

When the nazi's turn up with guns and mow down people with cars, it's probably very hard to turn the other cheek, but if they don't they become part of the problem. Although it takes a president to say an equal part of the problem.
    I also wondered that then i read this article of an eye-witness account. It maintains that the violence by the left was done in self defence. There are caveats that this is just one opinion and it may be biased, but aggressive violence and defensive violence is quite different (to me anyway).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ght-left-trump

However, i do have an issue with the left leaning internet vigilantes who name and shame those photographed at the protest. I think it is wrong to use this kind of justice and especially as they sometimes identify the wrong person, i am sure causing so much hurt and stress (which these vigilantes don;t take responsibility for.

Professor wrongly labelled as racist in Charlottesville - BBC News
    civil_servant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    I also wondered that then i read this article of an eye-witness account. It maintains that the violence by the left was done in self defence. There are caveats that this is just one opinion and it may be biased, but aggressive violence and defensive violence is quite different (to me anyway).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ght-left-trump

However, i do have an issue with the left leaning internet vigilantes who name and shame those photographed at the protest. I think it is wrong to use this kind of justice and especially as they sometimes identify the wrong person, i am sure causing so much hurt and stress (which these vigilantes don;t take responsibility for.

Professor wrongly labelled as racist in Charlottesville - BBC News
    A tactic used by the nazis in the UK many years ago. I know because they named me together with my address and phone number. Resulted in a brick through our window narrowly missing the kids.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast