Like Tree9Likes

Wycombe Abbey in 2019 - Was Nord Anglia - Tin Wan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wycombe Abbey in 2019 - Was Nord Anglia - Tin Wan

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    Have a look at Nord Anglia - they were supposed to be opening a new early years campus in Aberdeen but due to some NIMBYism it got delayed, so instead they opened up in Tai Tam and Sai Kung (latter no good for you).
    Sorry to derail but do you know, is the Tin Wan campus ever going to open? We were planning to apply but the language has been really ambiguous from the school.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Sorry to derail but do you know, is the Tin Wan campus ever going to open? We were planning to apply but the language has been really ambiguous from the school.
    Doubtful at this point. Serious objections from local residents. Have you seen the premises? Essentially an old second tier mall with some cheap shops that the residents used - are hired out to some posh school.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Doubtful at this point. Serious objections from local residents. Have you seen the premises? Essentially an old second tier mall with some cheap shops that the residents used - are hired out to some posh school.
    Nothing concrete received from the school, but looking at what they have done at Tai Tam (and Sai Kung) I would hedge my bets that Tin Wan is dead in the water and that these will be the new permanent campuses!

Oh wow, so it's not just a building delay. Hmm this might actually take NAIS off my list for primary then.

Oh wow, so it's not just a building delay. Hmm this might actually take NAIS off my list for primary then.
    Could be a "delay" while they negotiate. Not a new building for sure. This is in the mall that is up the hill in Tin Wan. All the shops were thrown out, mall boarded up. From what we've heard, the PnS and several other small shops were ejected by the REIT that owns the mall.

(I'll check again with one of my neighbours who owns a shop up near that area and report back tomorrow)

I think @jabalong might be in that neighbourhood.

Could be a "delay" while they negotiate. Not a new building for sure. This is in the mall that is up the hill in Tin Wan. All the shops were thrown out, mall boarded up. From what we've heard, the PnS and several other small shops were ejected by the REIT that owns the mall.

(I'll check again with one of my neighbours who owns a shop up near that area and report back tomorrow)

I think @jabalong might be in that neighbourhood.
    Don't know much about this, except that from my balcony I can see the redevelopment scaffolding on Tin Wan Shopping Centre.

My wife walks the dog there daily and regularly comments to me that renovation work continues and people aren't happy about it.

Speaking to my neighbor who has a business in the area, she said that it seems that the work is stopped due to traffic concerns from local residents.

Small roads and there are two hotels in that area which get quite a bit of bus traffic.

Why do schools announce new campuses before they have full approvals? There's another one that was meant to open in Tuen Mun and they're instead running "free workshops" in TST because they're not allowed to actually operate as a school yet!

Why do schools announce new campuses before they have full approvals?
    In management speak ... slideware.

Why do schools announce new campuses before they have full approvals? There's another one that was meant to open in Tuen Mun and they're instead running "free workshops" in TST because they're not allowed to actually operate as a school yet!
    So, are these workshops really "free"?

I did a tour of NAIS and really didn't like it- too much of a blatantly obvious sales job to the parents. Call me old fashioned I guess, but I have this gut feel that a school should dedicate most of its resources towards things that will be of direct benefit to the students (and for the large part be invisible to prospective clients). I'm sure that most the students like the environment, the place just rubbed me the wrong way.
    Last edited by jgl; 22-09-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast