pumpkins 2017

Closed Thread

pumpkins 2017

So...has anyone seen pumpkins around this year? In Kowloon would be nice, but I don't mind traveling a bit to get some.

I'm looking for the smaller-sized pumpkins (I know some are called sugar pumpkins) for both carving and cooking.

A few years back I bought some at Wellcome, but I haven't seen any this year. I also checked a few wet markets but also haven't seen any. So your help would be much-appreciated!

Taste 360

Thanks! Will have to run down there.

So I went to 360, but they didn't have what I need! They just had the green Japanese ones or the really small thick ones (too thick for carving).

I need to get some tonight. Has anyone else seen any sugar pumpkins around? Please save me!

Have no idea what sugar pumpkins are and I love my pumpkins - for eating. Why not head on down to your local wet market. Buy a few local pumpkins and carve funny faces on those. Even the bottom so that they can stand. Something different to the usual non scary US pumpkin.

Do you know what wet market carries orange pumpkins? I checked a few but only found the green Japanese ones. And those are also too thick for carving.