Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By bargfeldstegen
  • 1 Post By redslert
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Anyone know good rental agents located in the Jordan area?

Closed Thread

Anyone know good rental agents located in the Jordan area?

My wife and I are looking to potentially move to the area, wasn't sure if anyone on here had an individual who really helped them in the past to direct our business towards.

Cheers!

Beware of the bad ones. Which month are you planning to move to there? There are so-called peak and low seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by yingpig:
    Beware of the bad ones. Which month are you planning to move to there? There are so-called peak and low seasons.
    What are these in HK?

Hello! I met a very bad agent in Jordan area, who lied to me about the flat size and the actual asking price by landlord. Please be careful. I found a good one after that (at least honest) and got rid of the bad one-got back my deposit too. Do you still need it?

I used one of agents from Q Fang. She communicates on whatsapp with me in perfect English. They even handled the utility bill transfer which made it easier.

房產代理人,房產中介-香港Q房網

I tried posting my agent's contacts, but I think mods are not allowing since it contain phone number...

I rented from Century 21 around 18 months ago.
    I rented the new place above Austin MTR.

Libby was great, she helped me negotiate with the landlord for cheaper rent etc.
    She got me below market rates.
    Discounted the agent commission.
    Helped me organised the curtains install in the apartment as it was brand new without curtains based on my requirements.

At the time in my searching I went to 5 different agencies in the area... all the different franchises.

I didn't have to lift a finger.

Ask for Libby at:
    CENTURY 21 Culture Center Property Limited (Austin Branch)

Hi, Libby!

Tadashi, MandM! and Kowloon Goon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bargfeldstegen:
    Hi, Libby!
    That's the problem with this forum... when you ask for a recommendation people assume it is advertising when I'm providing a specific name.
    So how do you get real advice on an internet forum.

Good luck.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    That's the problem with this forum... when you ask for a recommendation people assume it is advertising when I'm providing a specific name.
    So how do you get real advice on an internet forum.

Good luck.
    You're brand new on this forum and the only thing you have to say is Call Libby?

And really, Agents in HK suck (no pun intended), you never know if they are telling the truth, in fact if they do tell the truth, I can tell you they won't be an agent long, they'll never get any deals done.

How can you know what price the landlord is asking, their bottom price, the market price (which the big agencies input in the computer themselves -- no official record), in fact it doesn't matter, the price is what the buyer and seller agree too, and the Seller wants to start high and the buyer wants low, the Buyer usually has more room to go up and the Seller usually has less room to go down. So thats why some agents have different prices for the same flat, to provide more "negotiating room" if you happen to be interested.

But some new western folk come here thinking there is such thing as a recommendation for services, not usually! Definitely not for real estate -- no one person has the same contacts.
    orel100x likes this.

See "Ray" in Tak Hing Street...just up from the laundry on the corner. He's a straight shooter.

I'm looking at getting back into the Jordan area myself.

I used to live in 'City 18' for 9 or 10k. That was 3 or 4 years ago.

I think the rent is minimum 15k in there now for a room you couldn't swing a cat in. Great location though...and a good new building where you don't hear your neighbours.