Knife Wielding Aggressor

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Knife Wielding Aggressor

Got this email from a friend. you can agree or disagree after reading the below but the pictures do look painful and if i had a gun i would shoot first and ask questions later (my 2 cents).

Everyone stay away from Jayinhongkong (i hear he has lots of knives and even sleeps with them). haaahaaaaa
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

From a retired NYPD friend.

THIS WAS AN INJURY THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED. DON'T BE A HERO...

SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT.

The photos are of an officer trained in hand-to-hand combat. The officer figured, due to his size and fighting skills, he could disarm a knife wielding aggressor.

Here is why I am forwarding these pictures on. To all the idiots out there who always say, "Why did the cops have to shoot him? He only had a (insert your choice of weapons here, i.e. knife, bat, club. whatever). He didn't have to be shot. To that, I respond,"tough crap ... shoot'em".

If an officer tells you to drop your weapon, just drop it. If you're a retard, stupid, on crack, mental or just "scared" ... too bad. No one deserves what this cop got for just doing his job. If you got a knife, then you should die ... period. This is vivid proof of how deadly people who are "only armed with a knife" can be. Some of the public think that officers should try to disarm someone armed with a knife but anyone who has had training in knife fighting will tell you - even if you win you are going to get cut.

Keep this in the back of your mind when confronting someone armed with an edged weapon.

Snopes reckons these are police training photos, possibly of an inmate who was attacked. From 2006.

The warning still stands, I suppose.

Betting these are fakes....

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    Snopes reckons these are police training photos, possibly of an inmate who was attacked. From 2006.

The warning still stands, I suppose.
    Wow Sigga. Thanks for the link. I only posted it up as i just got it today, didnt know it was that old.

BBC NEWS | UK | Real knife wounds used as warning

That link has a video in there where the guy is stabbed with his own knife. The scenario is that he is in a fight with several people and his knife is lying on the ground when another of his opponents stabs him with the weapon he was carrying.

I agree with this advice - it is unrealistic to think of disarming someone with a weapon by going hand to hand. I have seen in my former policing days where a nut job with a huge club fended off six of us for 3 or 4 minutes as he was fueled with adrenalin and off his nut. Oh, and after I had to drive the biggest of the police constables to the hospital as he led our assault on the guy and got cut and up and bruised as this guy was swinging wildly at all of us and it took this one guy taking the brunt of his blows to distract him so he could be tackled from behind.

However, the police still need to use deadly force only in lawful situations. The big mouths in police agencies get themselves in trouble when they get a reputation for shooting off at the mouth at how they'll blow some m...ther f..kers head off blah blah. This is fine until they have to shoot and then they are double and triple guessed and if it is a borderline lawful kill they run the risk of murder or manslaughter charges. Of course, they have to be street smart to size up danger quickly or they become like the studies in the 1970s of US police officers who got shot and they found these were the better educated university and college grads who didn't size up danger and risk as quickly as the street smart guys.

The drawn gun is the police officer's final option. Getting to that too quickly can lead to dire consequences and it is the street smart officer's instincts that ensure they make the right call and avoid their family having to attend their full colour funeral service.

Malcolm Gladwell's book The Outliers doesn't deal with this issue directly but tells of how experts first instincts looking at art turned out right over months of research. The trick is to ensure that you balance that quick judgment with facts to support or detract from these initial instincts. We do know of course that we make bad decisions when we hire those we meet and like with no other supporting evidence backing up the candidate's claims of experience or accomplishments. Get this great read from shopinhk.com.

Seen those before too (about a year ago I think)! I do train with edged weapons, and you're right, you will probably get cut if you try to take someone with a blade on, especially if you have no idea of how to go about it, but even people with decades of experience get cut.

The last thing I'd ever want to do is cut someone WTB. I'm all about cherishing and protecting life, not endangering it! That being said, I do love the beauty of a handcrafted knife.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 22-04-2009 at 09:45 AM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I do love the beauty of a handcrafted knife.
    you be one sharp gay blade my man.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    The last thing I'd ever want to do is cut someone WTB. I'm all about cherishing and protecting life, not endangering it! That being said, I do love the beauty of a handcrafted knife.
    Just kidding. heeheee

I like handcrafted knives as well just like mate.

lol. Here's a pic of my keris. 13 luk Ladrang Solo with meteorite pamur (forged over steel and then etched with acid). The meteorite used was found in the Arctic Circle.

People need to remember that not all cops are like Jack Bauer from 24 and capable of disarming a crazy thug holding a rambo blade or a butter knife for that matter! Any moFo disregarding a police order to drop a weapon are asking for it in my opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast