Like Tree203Likes

Moving to the UK with HK wife

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    While this case is pretty nasty, i can't help but wonder why this couple was entitled to child benefit. Right to live fine, right to benefits when not even an EU national... Kind of explains why some people voted for Brexit.
    No, people voted for Brexit because they're completely misinformed. This lack of knowledge extends from the common people all the way to the upper echelon.

These sentences should raise a red flag.

“All of my experiences show how disorganised the Home Office is; officers don’t know immigration rules. Where are the all information I provided? “ she said.

Doerfel said the authorities’ conduct “constitute repeated violations of EC law” and their “very heavy-handed approach is indicative of the hostile atmosphere surrounding immigration”.

The misinformed are now in charge of negotiating Brexit and it's clearly showing just how utterly misinformed they are.

So finally, EU citizens really do have more rights to bring a non-EU spouse to the UK.

EU citizens keep immigration rights in UK, court rules - BBC News

For now. Post Brexit who knows.

Yes, I'm not sure the UK government can let this stand long term. Must be some changes coming, hopefully positive.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Crazy, really the entire fees were $25k including health checks and property inspection and to expidite the application.

Certainly not cheap when the processing of the paperwork is outsourced to the Philippines
    Can I ask; how did the property inspection get done? It’s the overcrowding requirement check?

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Can I ask; how did the property inspection get done? It’s the overcrowding requirement check?
    It's literally a guy taking measurements and confirming whether the property is suitable for habitation.

Took all of 15 minutes for them to do.

It's literally a guy taking measurements and confirming whether the property is suitable for habitation.

Took all of 15 minutes for them to do.
    How much did it cost and where did you find such a person? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    How much did it cost and where did you find such a person? Thanks
    The government gives you a list of approved people.
    £250 if I remember correctly

Hussain designs is who I used and they’re on the approved list.
    Last edited by jimbo; 04-12-2017 at 02:53 PM.

The government gives you a list of approved people.
    £250 if I remember correctly

Hussain designs is who I used and they’re on the approved list.
    £250 just to check the accommodation, on top of all the other expenses, someone making a mint!

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    £250 just to check the accommodation, on top of all the other expenses, someone making a mint!
    Yup pretty much so!
    Ridiculous thing is that an estate agency property valuation isn’t allowed.