Like Tree17Likes

Whisky deals thread for frugal drinkers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Whisky deals thread for frugal drinkers

Apologies if this has been done before but I tried searching and didn't find anything. I've been continually frustrated with the inflated prices of whisky in HK (for example, a simple Glenlivet 12 here goes for more than double than in California) so I'd like for this thread to be a place for fellow whisky lovers to share deals.

I'll start it off with the Famous Grouse, the number one selling Scotch in Scotland: found for $88 for 1L at the North Point DS Groceries (大生生活超市 Dai Sang Supermarket Groceries). They seemed to have some other reasonable-for-HK prices as well, for Glenlivet 12, and Johnny Walker Green Label which caught my eye (sadly, currently not working or I'd have gotten the latter).

Hope to find some great deals here!

kittykaitak and irisboards like this.

How much whisky do you drink

Will keep an eye out for deals. Famous Grouse @ $88 a liter is a pretty fair price, but I can't drink the stuff!

hard to find good single malts at reasonable price, however, I have seen some Macallan 12,15's at comparable prices on the shelves in Fusion around us.

Best place to find whisky at a reasonable price is the Airport duty free. Fortunately, I fly often enough to be able to keep my stock up!

Cool

Someone said whisky here.... *breathing heavily*
    I recently bought 1L 12 y.o. chivas for $250 from Carousel

HK2A430 likes this.

My kind of thread :-) I like my whiskey / whisky but don't like the expense of it here either!

My best buys: Fusion has Jameson's for $188 a bottle at the moment (price jumps up and down, $188 seems to be the bottom price, $240 top). I keep an eye on the whisky shelf as they sometimes (occasionally) mis-price things and I've picked up bottles of other whisky at a good discount from the usual asking price.

DS Stores is well priced. both Glenlivet and Glenfiddich 12 y.o $400 (I like the Glenfiddich). Johnny Walker Gold and Green 15 y.o. for $420. Other blended whiskies reasonably priced but I haven't tried them.

Oliver's in Prince's Building has reasonably priced bourbon- Heaven Hill (I like this one), Old Times and I think Evan Williams for less than $200. The spirits are in the wine store next to the main check outs.

HK2A430 likes this.

There are still a few old chinese stores in the older neighbourhoods that sell booze. I'd bet they can beat any of the gwailo pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    There are still a few old chinese stores in the older neighbourhoods that sell booze. I'd bet they can beat any of the gwailo pricing.
    You would win that bet!

Try Dah Lee, CWB/WC borders, corner Marsh and Jaffe Rd. Run by batty but lovely old couple, excellent prices. 2834-2931
    HK2A430 and angeluscomplex like this.

Yep - know that one.

Any recommendation to get a Walker's blue label at a reasonable price?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast